New, saying hello -- Denver, CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all!

I'm new to the forum, from Denver, CO. I recently sold my Porsche 911 and purchased a 2015 GX 460, which I'm in the process of outfitting for overland adventure. It's a big change of pace (literally), I realize! Some people think I'm nuts, but that's okay -- LOL! :) I've learned so much from this forum already, and hope to give back in due time.

Welcome to the 'hood from down the road aways. I just got a '23, and love it.

Mark

Welcome! Traffic on the forum is a little slower than FB groups and Club Lexus. CL has some good info, too, but I find very little of actual value in the information and opinions on the FB GX groups. Good info here on the GX, and a lot of relevant info on the Lexus/Toyota Land Cruiser platforms in general that is applicable. Too many idiots, and too much blatantly wrong info on FB. Anyway, welcome again! And post up a pic of your new ride!

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum, from Denver, CO. I recently sold my Porsche 911 and purchased a 2015 GX 460, which I'm in the process of outfitting for overland adventure. It's a big change of pace (literally), I realize! Some people think I'm nuts, but that's okay -- LOL! :) I've learned so much from this forum already, and hope to give back in due time.
Welcome to the Forum! I too have had a couple Porsche's and now my GX.
I agree, big change = less tickets?
But setting up your rig correctly and doing trails within the ability of you and your rig, you'll have as many thrills as the Porsche.
You can always get another Porsche latter on while keeping your "family practical" GX. I've been playing around with getting another, maybe next year??? Need to start seeding the wife with the idea, although, she loved my Porsche's too.

Welcome to the Forum! I too have had a couple Porsche's and now my GX.
I agree, big change = less tickets?
But setting up your rig correctly and doing trails within the ability of you and your rig, you'll have as many thrills as the Porsche.
You can always get another Porsche latter on while keeping your "family practical" GX. I've been playing around with getting another, maybe next year??? Need to start seeding the wife with the idea, although, she loved my Porsche's too.
Nice to meet you, Richard. I'm glad you "get it" -- I'll probably own one again someday, too :)

Reactions: r2m
Welcome to the jungle! We got fun and games.

So envious, Mark! What should I look for to be able to spot you on the road? You'll know because of the black color + Ostrich Wing awning ;)
Mine's a plain Jane Artic Silver one, though a little shiner than most since I spent the weekend cleaning and ceramic coating it. I don't get inside the 470 beltway much, though.

Mark

Mine's a plain Jane Artic Silver one, though a little shiner than most since I spent the weekend cleaning and ceramic coating it. I don't get inside the 470 beltway much, though.

Mark
I'll for you on the trails, then! We just did a shakedown run in the Sedalia area -- some nice trails in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom