New roll bars... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got some pics reduced for the site... I posted a prior post about securing them to the frame v/s to the body..heres what they did....

After I drove it, they had to modify the right side...as it was rubbing... works great now... I should receive my FJ from Colombia to TX in a day or so....

Last edited:
billdance, are you the guy that recently did a resto in colombia with an aftermarket roof? the one with the LR-ish window?

So you have one bolt going through that tube, just above the frame tie-in?

Is there one bolt going through the frame holding that tie-in bracket to the frame?

yea...I'm the same guy from colombia... Got the FJ restored and then my buddy got the roll bars installed in his....so I had to get them put in.. Especially since the whole roll bar job....including the bars and installed and re-painted was only $375.00.....nuts....!

I am moving to Houston TX....arrive on weds!!

Yea....the one bolt that ties the upper bar to the bar to the frame was my only issue...as I wanted the "strength" to be the fact that the bars were in the frame....now the strength is the hardness of the bolt....!

I still love it....

Install a slug. I think thats what its called. It would run inside the roll bar and down into the frame mount and would be slightly smaller than the bars. Maybe around a foot in length? Its job is to reinforce the joint. You may want to weld it into the frame mount, then slip the roll bar down on it and bolt it in. Your roll bar is only as strong as the weakest link. Good Luck

With all the love in my heart, I have to say, "You suck"!!

Houston, TX........ Got it off the truck on wedsday....really dirty...and it was a freaking open carrier.....THEN....as I was driving it to my parking spot...about 5-10 minutes of driving... it freaking DIED in the middle of the road...with no plates yet!! jaja.

Took it to a mechanic.....was not firing....!! no spark at all...I could hold the plug.. I had the point system replaced with electronic.... They think that my hidden kill switch failed...or is going bad.... because they never really solved the problem. Driving ot now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom