New rig, my first LC!! 05 LX470 240k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FINALLY a new to rig to wrench on and start hitting the trails again! Now for the first time with the kiddos in tow! Haha.

05 LX470 with 240k, and still in great condition. Somehow AHC even still works, and I actually like it a lot 😂 I guess I'll keep it around till it craps out and go from there 😜

Was gonna be waiting another 6-12 months to save up a little more for the next rig, but got a great deal on this that I couldn't pass up and had just enough saved. And it came with 3/4 tank, which definitely counts for something! 🤣

First up is timing belt/water pump, AC recharge, and general inspection by a shop (hopefully no surprises 🤞😅). And I'll be doing a bunch of baselining from there, after I go through the *extensive* service records (all from a Lexus dealership!) to determine priority - but just basic fluid swaps, obviously heater hose t's, etc. Unfortunately the tires are pretty new..lol, so I might sit on em for a year while I get a feel for the rig before swapping them out for some 33 ATs or MTs.

20200616_140957.jpg

20200616_141016.jpg

Screenshot_20200613-212832_Facebook.jpg

20200616_140818.jpg

Welcome to the club man. Nice rig. I've had both AHC and non-AHC trucks. I prefer a well working AHC.

Jim

Welcome to the 100club from this point forward you’ll experience first hand why the land cruiser platform is legendary, both in the truck’s capability and dependability. Also a legend in the area of cost to maintain.. my wallet is already a legend 🤣

Welcome to the 100club from this point forward you’ll experience first hand why the land cruiser platform is legendary, both in the truck’s capability and dependability. Also a legend in the area of cost to maintain.. my wallet is already a legend 🤣

don’t forget the legendary 11mpg’s. 3/4 of a tank 😂. The first 100 miles are in the 1st quarter, the second are in the 3/4 mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom