New Rig - 2000 River Rock Green Mica - Sluggish Acceleration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I sold my 2000 RRGM LC a few years back and missed it so much when this popped up on market place locally I had to get it. 322K miles and pretty clean with the factory window sticker still.

I'm familiar with cars and these decently but I noticed this truck is a little less peppy than my last LC and my 01' Sequoia. I also notice a very slight rough idle almost slight misfire idle to 1500 rpms on deceleration.

I'll go over everything eventually but is there anything that is under the "most common 100 series sluggish acceleration" issues.

Like, clogged cat is that common with these? Throttle position sensor? Etc.

Seems like it doesn't kick down too well on the highway unless giving it 50% throttle or more.

Love these trucks, so much better than the Sequoia for build quality.

As soon as you step in and shut the door, the sound of the door shutting, the steering wheel, seating position, materials and visibility. Everything is just so dang good.

Going to make some videos comparing the two trucks side by side just for fun.
Cheers!

tempImageG2nZbr.png

Wheels are too big

The 2000 should be a wire throttle so you can always make sure there is no slack in the wire. Never a bad idea to clean the MAF. These two things alone helped my '01 feel a bit peppier.

Also, don't forget ETC set to POWER. It helps a little too.

All that said, I do wish my transmission would kick down a bit more aggressively--just gotta put the pedal down if you wanna go sometimes.

update: I got the truck out last night and drove it more aggressively, I changed my mind it’s totally on par I just think how responsive the throttle is in relation to throttle position (tip in) is less aggressive than the sequoia(probably designed that way for off-roading smoothness).

I’m totally happy now

Just got to step on it to feel the power!

Our 05 Sequoia feels peppier than our 04 Land Cruiser for sure. The Sequoia has VVti and is also 2WD so I imagine that’s what is making the difference.

Our 05 Sequoia feels peppier than our 04 Land Cruiser for sure. The Sequoia has VVti and is also 2WD so I imagine that’s what is making the difference.
Right - mine is non vvti but probably the 2wd and seems like it was built solid haha it’s a runner, spins tires easy haha

'05+ Sequoia also has a 5 speed trans.

The pics of these 100's without side steps really makes me want to get rid of my steps.

Even though it's bigger, the Sequoia is lighter than the 100. Tells you something about how the 100 is built.

Mine as well share the video in the post with you guys - learned about the truck this weekend - lots of four wheeling and highway driving! Love this thing

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser Review (300,000 Miles Later, Is It Worth It?)

Great vid. Can you tell any difference between your old 2000 w/200k vs this one with over 300k? Just curious. I really enjoyed the content from your last LC on your channel, take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom