New Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.madtripper.com
Drove 3 hours on Saturday to trade my tired 97 80 in for a not-so-tired 01 100. So far, I absolutely love it. Not really planning on wheeling a ton other than kayak trips and camping along with hauling my 3 kiddos around. I picked it up in Doylestown PA and the Toyota dealer gave me a decent price for my 80 and for the replacement. I'll get some better pictures at some point but these are a few shots from the dealer lot.

20110410-0704-iPhone.jpg

20110410-0704-iPhone_001.jpg

Tripper

170K, my trade was 240K so upgrade! Love the V8 especially in my area which has a ton of hills. You would think the 100 only had about 50K on it. One of my friends thought it was brand new when he saw it.

Just purchased 2000 100 series 2 weeks ago. Have parked the 80 for awhile.

The difference in 2 is amazing, of course mine in shop fixing manifold leaks and having 100k timing belt water pump performed. Can't wait to get her back!

Nice Rig , Love that gray

Thanks and I love the color as well. I believe it is called "thunder cloud". I have a couple things to take care of, passenger fog light, hatch struts, and the passenger lock/window control panel needs to be secured. Obviously nothing major but worth handling early on. I have a sticker on the engine that states the timing belt was done at 105K. I plan on getting the service history from Toyota shortly as well.

Looking forward to ramming around in it.

Thanks and I love the color as well. I believe it is called "thunder cloud".

Thundercloud Metallic is a "dark silver".

That looks like Riverock

Yep, Riverrock Green Mica

Congratulations... 2001 was definitely the pinnacle of UZJ-100 production :D

I agree.

I have been daily driving mine for the last 6 months and I love it. I am a general contractor and really should be driving a pick up but I keep finding ways to work around that.

Nice LC :cheers:.

I haven't done the check through the vin however just going off the color listed by the dealer. Here are the dealer photos before they dropped it off their site which may give a better idea.

2001 Land Cruiser

Tripper

Strange that someone started removing the Gold emblems and didn't do all of them. I would lose the gold pin striping and order the silver chrome toyota sombrero / jellybean logo for the back and get rid of the gold once and for all.

Also your paint code the sticker inside your door does indicate you have the Riverrock Mica paint color code "1C3". Good color - i have the same.

Drove 3 hours on Saturday to trade my tired 97 80 in for a not-so-tired 01 100.

I've been considering upgrading my 80 to a 100 as well. Are dealers giving decent trades on 80's? I guess I figured they would not give too much and would be ahead to sell it myself.

--Mark

Last edited:
Congrats on the upgrade!!

Thanks for the paint clarification. I asked about the gold however the dealer claimed that the original purchase had that rear emblem installed originally. I think it's tacky and will more than likely replace it at some point. The pinstriping is painted so not much hope of doing anything with that in the near future.

I got a decent trade for my 80 in my opinion. I purchased it in March 2008 with 209K on it. I paid 5K for it. Drove it for three years, had 209K on it. The last few months have been quite hectic in my world so I let some things slack that needed attention like:
- cracked windshield
- leaky exhaust
- front bumper needed paint
- drivers birf was clicking
- needed shocks and coils all around
- ac pump had something going on with it

Dealer gave me 4K for it with a little haggling and told me it would be shipped to the middle east.
Of course everyone's mileage will vary according to dealer and shape but I would have taken 3K on trade for it. KBB fair trade in value was 5K just fyi. I don't think mine was quite in "fair" condition.

Chris

Dealer gave me 4K for it with a little haggling and told me it would be shipped to the middle east.

Not bad at all. I actually had a mom/pop dealer contact me about selling my 80 to them last week. Market seems pretty strong right now despite gas prices.

Looks great!

Not bad at all. I actually had a mom/pop dealer contact me about selling my 80 to them last week. Market seems pretty strong right now despite gas prices.

Yeah. Out here 80s are getting pricy because the typical customer thinks that a 6 cylinder is going to be much more fuel efficient.

Congrats on the purchase. I had a Champagne Pearl 01. And yeah, I've had 4 hundys. And an FZJ80 (which I miss). But the Hundy is a far superior truck for day to day use.

And it's Riverrock Green Mica. I wanted that in 01, but I got the Champagne cause I got a better deal.

First tankful of gas and I rang in at 14.5 mpg. Not bad but some of that was highway driving it home. I also run the premium fuel which I doubt the po or dealer was running so I may see a slight increase over time. I know that octane mainly applies to knocking however there was some rumor a while back that the premium fuels did not have the ethanol added so that can play a role. Certainly not looking for a debate on the topic but I'll post back with my own results as I have always monitored every fill up.

Tripper

Premium fuel does have the ethanol in it - at least down here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom