New Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Filled up again with premium. Mileage came out to 15.23 mpg which is up from the 14.5. What is odd is the fact that my first tank had about 100 miles of highway driving vs. My typical daily runs. Glad I'm getting closer to 16 anyways and it us better than my 80 was ever so slightly.

congrats bro , really looks good :) best color on the 100 by far !

i noticed your a patrol guy ...
if this was sold in the US , would you have gotten it over the 100 ?

oh and im sure you would have loved this :p

I am a Patrol guy. If I had the opportunity, I certainly would entertain the idea of a modern Patrol but ultimately, I'd have to drive them and see. I do love my Cruiser's. Without being able to compare them side by side, it's a tough call.

Tripper

These numbers are rough as I've only put two tanks of fuel through my Crusher at this point but so far, cost for regular unleaded is $0.26 per mile whereas premium fuel costs $0.27 per mile.

Tripper

Welcome to owning a 100. They guzzle gas like no other vehicle I have ever driven...

Welcome to owning a 100. They guzzle gas like no other vehicle I have ever driven...

Yep I am using $550+/mth on gas going to school and back so 2 weekends ago I did a 6hr each way trip to buy me a 96 Tiger for my commuting... I averaged around 15 pulling the trailer with me the wife and our 4 kids loaded up with tornado style winds the whole drive across Iowa...... then the following weekend I drove a 5hr each way to buy a toolbox ($2K new paid $550 plus $200 gas) and on that trip with no trailer or family I averaged 16-16.4 mpg.. which was a pleasant surprise....

Nice truck by the way....

My issues with the gas usage is I dont have money left for mods after filling her up 3 times a week

These numbers are rough as I've only put two tanks of fuel through my Crusher at this point but so far, cost for regular unleaded is $0.26 per mile whereas premium fuel costs $0.27 per mile.

Tripper

What'd you expect? It's a cruiser! I had an FJ40 that delivered 8 MPG in town driving. Never ventured out of town because it was lacking the hardware necessary to tow a fuel tank truck behind. The 62 gives 11 in town, with 15-17 on open highway. The engines keep getting cleaner and more efficient, but mileage gains aren't realized because the truck continues to swell in size and weight-similar to the typical driver, I guess. They weren't built, and aren't practical, for commuter status- except perhaps for third world warlords and arabian oil sheiks. Reserving it for camping, boating and expedition travel sounds like a good plan.

I guess my curiosity was mistaken for a complaint. I moved from a 97 '80 which I also tracked mileage and I'm basically just doing the monitor for a couple of selfish reasons. I certainly wasn't expecting to set any records when I purchased this but I like to know how things are running and I think that keeping track of mileage is a basic method to do so.
I have 3 '63 Patrols that get about 50 feet to the gallon. I used to drive a 94 Chevy extended cab that got somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 feet to the gallon as well.
I'm just keeping track for my own selfish needs and figured I'd post the results in case anyone was using mileage as a determining factor for purchasing decisions. I'm a bit of a numbers guy so really just fun for me.

Tripper

Oh yeah, so I filled up again, premium price is $4.06 per gallon, regular is $3.86. Since there was only a $0.20 per gallon difference (as opposed to the $0.25 at the last station I filled up at), the cost per mile evened up at $0.26 per mile. My mileage went down by a tenth to 15.13 mpg.

Quick update. Last tank gave me 15.63 mpg and taken prices for regular and premium into account, it was the first tankful where the premium was actually cheaper to run than regular. The premium rang in at $0.266 per mile whereas the regular would have been $0.272. Not leaps and bounds but still a difference. My current tankful I've had to pull my trailer with some light weight so I don't anticipate things to pan out as well but whatever. I think one more tank of premium and I'll switch back to regular for a while to establish a better baseline.

Back on actual topic, I am completely in love with the 100 series. A better ride and quite ideal for my daily uses. The V8 offers a nice boost in performance and the whole vehicle is just more comfortable overall.

Tripper

Edit: figured I'd post a link to the spreadsheet in case anyone out there is as geeky as I am.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...Xk2eVR2Y0lmYjRhdzJBOUE&hl=en&authkey=CJjSmucF

so isn't that assuming that you will always get 14.53 mpg on regular? in that case of your 5/6 fill-up, how do you know you wouldn't have also gotten better mileage on regular?

so isn't that assuming that you will always get 14.53 mpg on regular? in that case of your 5/6 fill-up, how do you know you wouldn't have also gotten better mileage on regular?

Absolutely which also would have worked against my last fill up since I did pull the trailer. I mentioned a few times that I'll switch back to regular after this tankful so I can establish a better baseline using regular gas. The odd part is that first tankful of regular had quite a bit of highway miles on it coming up the turnpike. Additionally, I can come up with a pretty good average mpg for premium using the data I have acquired whearas my regular number may not be all that accurate.

Tripper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom