1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New radiator leak question

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Cruiserhead05, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

Ok, i promiose i searched and did find some helpful stuff but nothing exactly like my current problem..
    I replaced my radiator 2-3months, its done fine ever since.
    A week ago my phh went on a road trip, had it fixed.
    the truck has 250k miles, HG already done at 200k

Starting yesterday, when i drive the truck and then turn it off i will get a small leak coming directly underneath the radiator on the PS.

It doesnt leak when the truck is running, only when i turn it off. i noticed my cap was pretty older, i think the original so i got a new one.

It seemed to help the problem a little, its doesnt leak horribly, just a small stream....the truck is still driveable.

Is it possible the rad. could be faulty? the lower hose is NOT the problem, no leaks from there. I did not another hose going into the rad. close to that area that could be a problem, its small and goes in via a 14-16mm nut? i think...

2. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

ok i found it. at the bottom of the radiator on the pass. side there is a small, maybe an inch longer hairlind crack in the plastic, it wiped it all dry and could see the fluid slowly start to leak out. Now, do i need another radiator, this new one should still be under warranty so im not too worried about it, or can i do anything to fix just a small crack like this.

3. mtycruiser

mtycruiser

If it's under warranty, I would change it.

4. Heffenoche

Heffenoche

Get it replaced under warranty. :cool: If it is possible to fix I doubt it would ever be as reliable as one that has never been cracked.