New radiator leak question

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Cruiserhead05, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05

Ok, i promiose i searched and did find some helpful stuff but nothing exactly like my current problem..
    I replaced my radiator 2-3months, its done fine ever since.
    A week ago my phh went on a road trip, had it fixed.
    the truck has 250k miles, HG already done at 200k

Starting yesterday, when i drive the truck and then turn it off i will get a small leak coming directly underneath the radiator on the PS.

It doesnt leak when the truck is running, only when i turn it off. i noticed my cap was pretty older, i think the original so i got a new one.

It seemed to help the problem a little, its doesnt leak horribly, just a small stream....the truck is still driveable.

Is it possible the rad. could be faulty? the lower hose is NOT the problem, no leaks from there. I did not another hose going into the rad. close to that area that could be a problem, its small and goes in via a 14-16mm nut? i think...

2. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05

ok i found it. at the bottom of the radiator on the pass. side there is a small, maybe an inch longer hairlind crack in the plastic, it wiped it all dry and could see the fluid slowly start to leak out. Now, do i need another radiator, this new one should still be under warranty so im not too worried about it, or can i do anything to fix just a small crack like this.

3. mtycruiser

mtycruiser

If it's under warranty, I would change it.

4. Heffenoche

Heffenoche

Get it replaced under warranty. :cool: If it is possible to fix I doubt it would ever be as reliable as one that has never been cracked.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.