Builds New project, 1969 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you just use palmolive and water to clean up the white on the faces of each gauge? Looks good! Im always afraid to clean those as I have a history of using a cleaner that removes the paint too :(

Did you just use palmolive and water to clean up the white on the faces of each gauge? Looks good! Im always afraid to clean those as I have a history of using a cleaner that removes the paint too :(
I tried that and purple power on a q tip.
I was worried about the same thing.
thanks!

Be careful on the easy off oven cleaner! Took more than the top layer of paint off mine.... went all the way down to metal.

Be careful on the easy off oven cleaner! Took more than the top layer of paint off mine.... went all the way down to metal.
I plan to be very cautious. I think the passenger rear quarter is bondo’d like the driver side. I’m going to experiment there first.

I tried that and purple power on a q tip.
I was worried about the same thing.
thanks!

ok so purple power wont damage them then? is yours dilluted? I wanna do this right.

ok so purple power wont damage them then? is yours dilluted? I wanna do this right.
I don’t think I diluted it, I normally don’t. It might be simple green purple stuff from Home Depot.
I was kind of winging it because they were so bad anyway I figured if I screwed one up I’d need a replacement regardless.

For $1.00, I have a speedometer needle I can see again. I did the rest to match even though they weren’t bad. A bit more red than the originals, but I’m not concerned.

35B4F63F-F49A-4430-A866-42C5AEC93A8B.jpeg

9563B15D-0952-402A-8CF8-C9571C0F40E4.jpeg

They had also cut holes in the rear crossmember for turn signals that never worked. I need to make a long strap to bridge the gap to bolt the reflectors to.

DB567D4C-20E3-4B92-B7F1-B4713687F7E4.jpeg

Started to pull the dash apart to strip the beige off.
Anyone have a spare H knob or two they’d part with?
Are snap ring pliers the trick to removing the knob bezels?

B84AB908-E84F-4EDF-88C9-54F65426527F.jpeg

C7B6BCFD-4A3A-4303-A54F-3EC73841F9DD.jpeg

607227F5-EB0A-4132-8DAF-88C356E5F231.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom