New programmable Key/ transponder? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mudders. I have recently purchased a 2004 LX with just 1 key, and it is in poor condition. Is there a good part number for a new (doesn’t have to say L on it) 40mm key/ transponder? Not happy enough with what I can find online to purchase. Prefer to stay away from Lexus dealer if possible. Talked with Cruiserdan, who said Toyota won’t help with this. Leaving in two weeks for a 5 week road trip with the family. Seems like it should be well under $100 all in. Already reprogrammed the locks, so the new key should not be any harder...right?

6BF0E390-7F63-497C-A2F3-F4FCFC8E37E1.jpeg

I have found that the aftermarket keys for the LX and GX can usually be programmed to unlock with the buttons, but dont have the correct transponder chip. Every aftermarket key I have dealt with for years 2003-2007 come with a Toyota keytag (4D tp30) and should have the Lexus (4D tp29) keytag.

The aftermarket keys without the remote that I have used all had the correct keytag.

Reactions: JAW
Hello Mudders. I have recently purchased a 2004 LX with just 1 key, and it is in poor condition. Is there a good part number for a new (doesn’t have to say L on it) 40mm key/ transponder? Not happy enough with what I can find online to purchase. Prefer to stay away from Lexus dealer if possible. Talked with Cruiserdan, who said Toyota won’t help with this. Leaving in two weeks for a 5 week road trip with the family. Seems like it should be well under $100 all in. Already reprogrammed the locks, so the new key should not be any harder...right?

View attachment 1981352

This is pretty much the poster child for the YotaMD case upgrade. Keep the remote, keep your key. Update the case and never look back.

Let me know if you've got any questions on the product and congrats on the new vehicle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom