New Product - LS Swap Motor Mounts (2 Viewers)

Well Sorted

Supporting Vendor
We aren't big fans of the puck style mounts often used for LS installs so in the most recent 60-series build we went ahead and designed a set of mounts to use the stock GM style motor mount (Delco 25828247). I have purchased similar mounts from Icon before but their design was lacking a few things I wanted and they've told me they're going to stop producing these. We made a few tweaks to the design to adjust the engine position and then added indexing holes so that we can quickly/easily set engines in position in the future.

20210212_144106 (1).jpg

20210212_135726.jpg

20210212_135730.jpg

These position the engine 7/8" offset to the driver's side and approximately 1" forward of the firewall at the rear of the passenger side cylinder head. They are compatible with truck and car AC compressors, stock Erod manifolds, Hooker cast iron manifolds and most likely anything else you'd want to use though we haven't tried them yet. Combined with the H3 swap oil pan (Delco 19212593) you should have adequate clearance for the front driveshaft.

We don't have an online store section on our web site yet but I'm sending off another order to the laser cutter for @Kleatus and ourselves. If anyone would like a set please let me know and we can hook you up with a pair. There's a fair bit of weld time in making these so I'm asking $195 for a pair.

Well Sorted

Supporting Vendor
What are the tweeks? They look identical to tlc mounts to me .

They are very similar in overall design, the main difference/advantage is the index holes. Now you can prep the surface, bolt them down, run your beads and you're done. No more needing to hang, measure, adjust, etc to get the engine in a good spot. It's a big time saver for us and therefore saves our customers money.

The other changes are pretty subtle but there are a lot of them. I didn't like the position of the passenger side mount in the vertical direction so we changed that. We reworked the shape of the main plates to better align with the frame rail contours to improve the weld locations, we also moved the edges to get the fitment and indexing we wanted. So while they do look pretty close to the Icon ones I don't think there's actually any dimension that is the same between them.

Well Sorted

Supporting Vendor
Looks awesome. Bookmarking for my future LS swap. Is that frame powdercoated?

Not powdercoated, sandblasted and painted. We generally don't do powdercoat on frames, it looks great when it's fresh but scrape it on one rock and then you've got a water intrusion problem under the coating and an ugly touch up spot for the rest of it's life.

Well Sorted

Supporting Vendor
Soo you have indexed holes.. for what transmission? What crossmember/mount setup?

They're not transmission specific. We thought about it but between FJ60/FJ62 crossmember location differences and the wide variety of transmission options it doesn't seem worth it. We just custom fab crossmembers as needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom