New product! Dissent offroad ultra high clearance front bumper. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How are you guys mounting the front license plate? Currently I have mine on with some zip ties but am looking for a better solution.
389570C1-6F1E-4775-B9B0-651944B91855.jpeg

How are you guys mounting the front license plate? Currently I have mine on with some zip ties but am looking for a better solution. View attachment 2891365
See my post here:

So since this bumper has been out a while, I have a question about the light “panels” in the wings.

I want to use my factory fog switch so when it comes to fogs I also want to stay SAE so the Rigid 6” seems to be a great option. Are they adjustable vertically and horizontally?

Are they adjustable vertically and horizontally?
Aiming it vertically, yes you can, it is secured by two bolts that the wing has folded L&R brackets inside. Adjusting it horizontally (left to right) is very limited though, it’s actually pointed (center axis wise) to the sides rather than in the middle. But because of its SAE features and how wide the foreground lighting is, you won’t even notice it. I think it’s even better because the light spread reaches up to the sides of the road making this a dual function ditch light imo.
IMG_1198.jpeg

Trying to decide between the 3" Rigid & the 6" SAE Rigid fog lights? Anyone have pictures of the light output from these two mights? Is the output even comparable?

I hate to beat a dead horse, but are you guys ever gonna come out with the bull bar for the 100 series LX? You said May-June and now its almost November. What gives?

I hate to beat a dead horse, but are you guys ever gonna come out with the bull bar for the 100 series LX? You said May-June and now its almost November. What gives?
I'm in the same boat. I bought a Dissent Ultra-High Clearance front last year for my LX with the expectation that I'd be able to get a bull bar based on multiple comments from Dissent reps in this thread starting in February of last year: Dissent Off-road 2022 LC100 Product News - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/dissent-off-road-2022-lc100-product-news.1276707/. I would have purchased from a different manufacturer had I known I wouldn't have been able to purchase a bull bar by now. In July of this year, they said it would be released in a few weeks. Dissent LC100 Project Vehicle w/ revised roof rack and new swing out option - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/dissent-lc100-project-vehicle-w-revised-roof-rack-and-new-swing-out-option.1304262/post-15060407

Every time I see some new product come out from Dissent, I get more and more frustrated. New products like the ultra-ultra-high clearance front they're working on now are great, but what about products promised to existing customers for over a year and a half? It's the only thing keeping me from ordering a Dissent rear.

I'm in the same boat. I bought a Dissent Ultra-High Clearance front last year for my LX with the expectation that I'd be able to get a bull bar based on multiple comments from Dissent reps in this thread starting in February of last year: Dissent Off-road 2022 LC100 Product News - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/dissent-off-road-2022-lc100-product-news.1276707/. I would have purchased from a different manufacturer had I known I wouldn't have been able to purchase a bull bar by now. In July of this year, they said it would be released in a few weeks. Dissent LC100 Project Vehicle w/ revised roof rack and new swing out option - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/dissent-lc100-project-vehicle-w-revised-roof-rack-and-new-swing-out-option.1304262/post-15060407

Every time I see some new product come out from Dissent, I get more and more frustrated. New products like the ultra-ultra-high clearance front they're working on now are great, but what about products promised to existing customers for over a year and a half? It's the only thing keeping me from ordering a Dissent rear.

This post nails it. We have definitely been put on the back burner, its super frustrating and Dissent does not seem to care.

Trying to decide between the 3" Rigid & the 6" SAE Rigid fog lights? Anyone have pictures of the light output from these two mights? Is the output even comparable?
Two completely different lights. The 6” SAE will have a very wide beam with a sharp cutoff and it’s street legal as a fog light. The way Ben makes these mount they will be forward facing when installed in the bumper. The 3” light is not street legal and won’t be 100% forward facing…you lll be illuminating the front of the road and the shoulder a good amount. rigid has severa variants of the 3” flushmount D series light which this bumper is designed for

Personally I run the 3” combo lights but I also have the rigid Q series SAEs mounted more toward the center of the bumper for additional light for the street.

This post nails it. We have definitely been put on the back burner, its super frustrating and Dissent does not seem to care.

I apologize if any promises were made on the dates of the bull bar and am happy to take a look at if any of our team made specific promises? I am typically pretty clear that when we give timeline on new products these are simply an estimate and not a promise. The bull bars are a tough one as they are time consuming and we do not make any money off of them, in fact we likely loose money which is why we have discontinued completely for the 200. They are difficult to ship and difficult to build. Yes we will offer them for the lx470 in the future but at the moment we are short staffed and have to focus on products that are actually profitable. We also have to focus on products that use our current manufacturing capabilities in the most efficient way possible and the bull bars unfortunately do not fall in that category at the moment.
In reality all items we have discontinued in the past are not profitable at the volume we were selling and we had to make the tough decision to pull them.
We want to ensure we are around for the long haul and are able to continue to offer some of the best products in the industry for years to come! To do this we have to be flexible and and ask for patience as we work through these changes.
Likely not the answer you were hoping for but hopefully clears things up a bit. I’ll try to keep an eye on this thread for the next few days to answer any questions.
Thanks!

I apologize if any promises were made on the dates of the bull bar and am happy to take a look at if any of our team made specific promises? I am typically pretty clear that when we give timeline on new products these are simply an estimate and not a promise. The bull bars are a tough one as they are time consuming and we do not make any money off of them, in fact we likely loose money which is why we have discontinued completely for the 200. They are difficult to ship and difficult to build. Yes we will offer them for the lx470 in the future but at the moment we are short staffed and have to focus on products that are actually profitable. We also have to focus on products that use our current manufacturing capabilities in the most efficient way possible and the bull bars unfortunately do not fall in that category at the moment.
In reality all items we have discontinued in the past are not profitable at the volume we were selling and we had to make the tough decision to pull them.
We want to ensure we are around for the long haul and are able to continue to offer some of the best products in the industry for years to come! To do this we have to be flexible and and ask for patience as we work through these changes.
Likely not the answer you were hoping for but hopefully clears things up a bit. I’ll try to keep an eye on this thread for the next few days to answer any questions.
Thanks!

Thanks for clarifying the situation. You know better than anyone else, but it sounds like you could make the business decision to raise the price on them to make them a bit more profitable on your side. I think most of us would be okay with that, if it meant we get them sooner.

Thanks for clarifying the situation. You know better than anyone else, but it sounds like you could make the business decision to raise the price on them to make them a bit more profitable on your side. I think most of us would be okay with that, if it meant we get them sooner.
Does the current bullbar from Dissent stick up higher than ARB? With ARB bullbar, people have been able to make it work on an LX by pushing the release latch inwards.

Definitely something we will consider! Appreciate the feedback

Does the current bullbar from Dissent stick up higher than ARB? With ARB bullbar, people have been able to make it work on an LX by pushing the release latch inwards.
Not necessarily but our bumper sticks out much less and that is where we run into difficulties

Not necessarily but our bumper sticks out much less and that is where we run into difficulties
It’s a pain but I guess one could still make it work with the bullbar…have to unbolt it while doing maintenance and put it back.

Any plans of running thanksgiving sale on front bumpers this year @benc ?

It’s a pain but I guess one could still make it work with the bullbar…have to unbolt it while doing maintenance and put it back.

Any plans of running thanksgiving sale on front bumpers this year @benc ?
We will likely do something but have not decided on exactly what just yet. We will be deciding in the next couple weeks and will announce via ig and Facebook. If you are not on those feel free to reach out via our website in a couple weeks and we should have a better idea.
Thanks!

Thanks
@benc sent you a PM. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom