New Procar Rally Seats: One thing led to another and another and another....... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well... I waited six weeks to finally get the seat adapters for my Procar seats and this is what they sent me. The part #s I ordered were 81598/81599. This is for a 1/73 which by there chart is the correct part #. Unfortunately this is what I received. It doesn't look like anything you installed, just won't work ho hum. Very frustrated

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

See post #64 below....Call them on Monday and they should get you covered quickly.

Last edited:
Is Pro-Car the supplier of those brackets?

Architect, did you use those?
In my '77, I used the #81618 & #81619 Procar brackets. I did have to waller-out the passenger side, front right two holes a bit. Hence the large fender washers. Your brackets should look like the picture below.

img_0550-jpg.942264

I have a little time before I pull the trigger on this project but every time this thread pops up I get sucked in. Thanks for the responses, can't wait to put those in.

See post #64 below....Call them on Monday and they should get you covered quickly.
I did call them today. They said that I received the right parts for my year cruiser 1/73. So somethings wrong with there order spec. I sent a email to the guy at SCAT with all the centers of the mounting holes and pics. Hopefully they can get it straitened out. It's obvious to me that it has to be the part # you spec out. It's just wrong on the website for my 40.
Fingers crossed! And I was So excited to mount my new seats to.

I did call them today. They said that I received the right parts for my year cruiser 1/73. So somethings wrong with there order spec. I sent a email to the guy at SCAT with all the centers of the mounting holes and pics. Hopefully they can get it straitened out. It's obvious to me that it has to be the part # you spec out. It's just wrong on the website for my 40.
Fingers crossed! And I was So excited to mount my new seats to.

Ok just an update on part# from SCAT for seat adapters. On there website the part #s that they provide for the Procar seat adapters for my 1/73 fj40 is 81598 and 81599. After talking with one of the seat adapter reps and sending him my bolt centers and some pics, we have come to the conclusion that the web reference to the part # is wrong. The correct part # for my application is #81618/81619.
Just a not if you have a 73 fj40 make sure to call them with bolt center dimensions before ordering.

I was really enjoying reading from the beginning... with all the little extra stuff you've been doing it looks great... but... your jack is still black ... yuck :meh:

Everything else looks great :)

Yep, the black jack was an eye sore, so I did this:

img_2642-jpg.1124361

img_2661-jpg.1124363

img_2666-jpg.1124364

(albeit a few years ago....;))

Thanks, Johnny C.

I would think this would work with an AQUALU tub?

any one have any experience with this and perhaps tuffy-type center box?

1978 fj40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom