New Procar Rally Seats: One thing led to another and another and another....... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love my Procars. It was the first mod I did before the Frame-off. I fixxed my gas smell by fabricating an 79 body and moving the gas tank under the truck...

Great addition to a nice truck, Sir!
Thanks....With these new Procar seats installed, it feels like my rig is giving me a "HUG" every time I drive it now!

Here are a few more photos, in the sun.
IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

Questions: That little white 'fuel filter' doo hickey on your 1/4" line, off the top of the evapo, that feeds to the charcoal can...

What is that?

...and is it a stock location?

I don't have that on 44 and have not noticed it in the diagrams... nor, do I have gas fumes...

Thanks!

So what size fuel line did you use to replace the one from the filler bypass to the tank?
I know mine has to be leaking and a big cause of in-cab fumes, but I have not been able to find a gas line that size. Thanks

That hose is 14mm.
There are places like this that sell that hose fuel-rated, but it's not cheap:
http://www.tires-inc.com/

Basically places that specialize in Euro equipment you might have good luck with.

I think SOR also carries it, again not cheap.

Questions: That little white 'fuel filter' doo hickey on your 1/4" line, off the top of the evapo, that feeds to the charcoal can...

What is that?

...and is it a stock location?

I don't have that on 44 and have not noticed it in the diagrams... nor, do I have gas fumes...

Thanks!
Danny,
That is a check valve, part number 90917-10020 and it is in the correct location, per this diagram for a '77. I'm not sure if you need it or not, but Mr. Toyoda put it there for some reason. I suspect Toyota wanted to make sure the fumes from the tank went to the canister and not the other way around. :meh:

I replaced mine soon after I purchased my rig because it was stuck closed, no air could pass and would pressurize my tank.

Heck, if you have no gas fumes, maybe you shouldn't worry about it? Possibly someone with more knowledge than me could chime in on this to say if it a necessary part or not.

That hose is 14mm.
There are places like this that sell that hose fuel-rated, but it's not cheap:
http://www.tires-inc.com/

Basically places that specialize in Euro equipment you might have good luck with.

I think SOR also carries it, again not cheap.
I searched many Audi & VW service departments, none had a 14MM hose....Thus, the 1/2" line I went with. However, if someone has about 16" of 14MM cloth braded line they want to get rid of, send it to me and I'll put in on my new tank. :)

I searched many Audi & VW service departments, none had a 14MM hose....Thus, the 1/2" line I went with. However, if someone has about 16" of 14MM cloth braded line they want to get rid of, send it to me and I'll put in on my new tank. :)

Yeah, I had the same trouble and went with 1/2" - but, I'm fine with it as is.

That doesn't surprise me. I just got lucky and someone in my local club knew of this place. I checked many places with no success before finally calling them up. 14mm fits like a glove though, it was a thing of beauty to slip that on.

@GA Architect
I'm curious how many miles you've got on your ProCar seats, how have they worked for you, are they a significatn improvement for extended traveling, compared to stock seats?
Thanks

@GA Architect
I'm curious how many miles you've got on your ProCar seats, how have they worked for you, are they a significatn improvement for extended traveling, compared to stock seats?
Thanks

Wheeler - The most time I've spent in the new seats at any one time would be about 4.5 hours. That was for about 2 hours on the road and 2.5 hours on the trails. They rode well and I had no issues. Due to the seat bolsters and side bolsters, you are held in place that is for sure. They felt great off road with all the jerks & shakes, and not bad for every day driving either. The OEM seats just didn't feel right to me. They felt like I was riding "on-top" of the seat in not "in" the seat. Sort of like driving on a milk crate with a stiff cushion (yea, been there, done that....drove like that for 60 miles, not comfortable nor very smart thing to do.) I'm happy with the ProCar Rally seats in my rig.

I will say this, if you wear a size 36" (maybe 38") waist or plus in pants/shorts, these are not the seat for you. The seat bolsters are deeper than most, and would not be comfortable for peoples with....uh......humm.....well, you know.

Being that I just can't leave well-enough alone, I've been looking at the ProCar elite lumbar 1200's. They seem to have a wider seat and the bolsters aren't so pronounced.

Last edited:
Wheeler - The most time I've spent in the new seats at any one time would be about 4.5 hours. That was for about 2 hours on the road and 2.5 hours on the trails. They rode well and I had no issues. Due to the seat bolsters and side bolsters, you are held in place that is for sure. They felt great off road with all the jerks & shakes, and not bad for every day driving either. The OEM seats just didn't feel right to me. They felt like I was riding "on-top" of the seat in not "in" the seat. Sort of like driving on a milk crate with a stiff cushion (yea, been there, done that....drove like that for 60 miles, not comfortable nor very smart thing to do.) I'm happy with the ProCar Rally seats in my rig.

I will say this, if you wear a size 36" (maybe 38") waist or plus in pants/shorts, these are not the seat for you. The seat bolsters are deeper than most, and would not be comfortable for peoples with....uh......humm.....well, you know.

Being that I just can't leave well-enough alone, I've been looking at the ProCar elite lumbar 1200's. They seem to have a wider seat and the bolsters aren't so pronounced.

@GA Architect - Any trouble getting in and out with the high seat bolsters? I'm leaning towards getting a set of these seats. Thanks - Justin

@GA Architect - Any trouble getting in and out with the high seat bolsters? I'm leaning towards getting a set of these seats. Thanks - Justin

No troubles for me, but I'm not a large individual either. However, I kind of swing into and out of my seat. You ask, "How that is accomplished.....?" See below, with these handles installed, they are a tremendous help getting in and out. For the driver; right hand grabs the handle, put the left foot on the running board, step & pull up, swing my right foot in, ass and then my body just flops into the seat.

Handle #2.JPG

Handle #1.JPG

I use the - right foot firs , one hand on the wheel-one on the door and just do a launch for aerial attack . Most times I land just right in the stock seat , sometimes overshoot and knock my skull on the door header but for the most part it works . High bolsters , not a good idea as the old saggin' berries would get torn off....picture an old , skinny guy that's half crippled - I'll leave it at that .

Sarge

I use the - right foot firs , one hand on the wheel-one on the door and just do a launch for aerial attack . Most times I land just right in the stock seat , sometimes overshoot and knock my skull on the door header but for the most part it works . High bolsters , not a good idea as the old saggin' berries would get torn off....picture an old , skinny guy that's half crippled - I'll leave it at that .

Sarge

That's not RIGHT!.....I can't end 2015 with that image in my head, SARGE!

Hey, it stopped raining today. My rig is sitting in front of my office. Here have a look. I'll take this as the last image for 2015. :hillbilly:

IMG_3476.jpg

Sarge

You make a great point, Sarge! But try it with clothes on... Less friction... Less likely to tear "saggin' berries" off... HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom