New prefixes being tested (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
There are two new prefixes created that are currently only Moderator editable

Trail/Events and Builds

We have gone through the forum and tagged what we thought was appropriate

Note if you for example click on the build threads you will get pages of all the threads tagged builds to peruse at your leisure
pf.JPG

The event/trails tag is for threads with 80 specific photos and events from wheel trips with lots of posts.

If there is something we missed, let @nuclearlemon and I know and we will edit it for you

Your friendly 80's Moderators

Last edited:
Nice! Very helpful!

Good work

I like it. Thanks.

30f.jpg

T

That is in another section. besides its in the Trails section,I don't think anything there needs to be tagged, but I don't moderate that section, only this and the 200 section. If you find something in those two sections I would be happy to tag it as appropriate

Just an idea, but for other, future prefixes, it would be cool to have sections broken down to the level of the repair manual... suspension/steering, drivetrain, engine cooling, hvac, electronics, etc. I know it would be a huge amount of work, but it could be awesome and point oit areas where threads are lacking or could use more posts.

Maybe start with lift/wheel/tire fitment to filter out half the forum first?

Reactions: YMT
Thanks for the suggestion. It took hours of work across the forum for each moderator in all the sections to implement these two. More prefixes not only would take a lot of hours to implement, it would also add to the moderators time to manage and maintain each section.

Since we are volunteers with paying jobs that would take away our mud surfing time

Lets see how this goes for a while and then management might look at others that won't require a lot of effort to implement and maintain

other users suggested sub forums in each section to divide like you suggested and management said no due to the amount of ongoing effort that would take to maintain

We appreciate your understanding

I have not tried, but with the prefixes, are these selectable by the OP? So maybe when they create the post, they can select the "most appropriate" prefix when they create the post, hopefully reducing the load for the Mod's?

Just a thought.

Right now Moderator only.

Sorry for being late to the party. How do I add the tag "Build" to my build thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom