New poster & introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John McVicker

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all,
After several years of reading & hopefully learning, I just made my very 1st post (parts for sale) & thought it would be good to introduce my self.

I live in N. California, really north, right at the I-5 and the Oregon border. As my sig line says my wife & I have 3 Cruisers. She daily drives the 62 & I switch between the 60 & the 40. We recently purchased our 4th Cruiser, a '84 stock 60. It will be a project for me to work on & hopefully sell within the next several months.

In Dec. we just returned from a 9K road trip in the 62. Had a super trip w/no problems what so ever with the truck. Trip took a little longer than 2 months. Spent time w/friends, family, motel rooms & many a night in the back of the 62. Cal. to Houston & back via Yellowstone, Big Bend, Grand Canyon & finally to Yosomite & surronding areas.

This board has helped me so much over the years. I am really embarassed that I am just now posting for the 1st time. I am a much better listener than a speaker or advice giver. But I hope in my small way to be able to assist others when possible.

Good to be here.
John

Thanks. Yes, we have pictures & would love to show them off. However it will be a couple of weeks b-4 I will be able to post pictures. The 60 & 62 both have 2.5 OME med/hvy. W/33 BFG MUDS on the 60 & 31 BFG AT on the 62 & both mostly stock. The 40 has ARB front bull bar & 8274. And BFG MUDS 235/85/16 w/ome med in the rear & still stock springs in the front. Sits pretty low in the front w/old springs & all that weight. Need to beef the 40 up but when you have 3 different fj's to feed daily, it takes time. And of course $$.

Thanks, John

Thread Revival

Happy Birthday :D

What happened to the pics? I've been waiting for 4 years for them :lol:

enjoy your day

Hey man thanks. Yes, I guess I've been a bit lame in not posting any pics. I too like to look at pics of peeps rigs...just didn't git er done. Out of town till Thanksgiving but will ask the wife if she can dredge some up.

My pics aren't anything great compared to all the super pics we get from all the rest of the guys. This is by far the very best Cruiser site around. I've learned a lot.

Thanks for the thread revival & we will see if we can find some pics.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom