New portable lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bjowett

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Definetly a tool one could love... pneumatic in operation, just pop on the air hose and hit the lever. 120psi pushed the front of the tow rig right up off the ground quickly. Oh so nice... the best part, it came to me free via a friend of my father in law. Yes, there are jack stands hiding underneath behind those tires.

P1010357_0.JPG

great, too bad I can't see a thing on this photo! :D

edit: aaaah, much better now!

Is the whole thing one giant air ram?

wondering about how powerful this is, though.
Say the piston is 3" across (big!). That's about 7 square inches. At 120 psi, that will only give you 840 lbs of lift.... Not much for a cruiser... Btw, what kinda cruiser is that in the photo? :D

sure is neat though...

bjowett said:
The whole upper tube is the is the cylinder, and it rises off the piston, which is stationary. The inner diameter is about 6"....

Not a cruiser, but does an excellent job towing them home! :D

ah, 3400 lbs then, better...
you checked to make sure this thing is safe, right?

The unit has no weight rating on the remaining stickers... though I must say it is quite stout in the way it is constructed. I found one on ebay that is of the same manufacturer and looks pretty much the same, it is rated at 7000 pounds. It has a ratcheting mechanism that locks the unit in place once you have reached the desired height. You can then remove the air hose and go about your business with whatever else needs air power to run.

Sold for only $350... pick up only.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4558108358&category=63697

That sounds liek the one I have. I have yet to find a truck it cannot lift and it has a cool lock off feature. It dates from the early '60s.

Cool, but it just looks like a dangerous design, looks like it's been around a while, so I suppose it's proven itself. :)

bjowett said:
The unit has no weight rating on the remaining stickers... though I must say it is quite stout in the way it is constructed. I found one on ebay that is of the same manufacturer and looks pretty much the same, it is rated at 7000 pounds. It has a ratcheting mechanism that locks the unit in place once you have reached the desired height. You can then remove the air hose and go about your business with whatever else needs air power to run.

Sold for only $350... pick up only.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4558108358&category=63697

If it was surplused by the vehicle maintenance facility in Oakland it's near death - probably bleeds down overnight. Good locking system on all Gray (brand name) lifts so even if it does bleed off it won't drop. The company is still making them so parts to overhaul the ram should be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom