New plugs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fj 62 was running a little ruff so i put some new Bosch double tipped platinum plugs and it seemed to run a little smoother and i got about 15.5 mpg on a long trip. Anyone have any thoughts on these plugs?

Also I just changed out my fan clutch, stupid fan shroud, I remember a guy in here saying he cut his in half, so thats what i did, so much easier to get to stuff without having to take everything off just to change something. I would recommend it very much!!!!

I also have power door locks that don't work anyone have any thoughts? The PO said there is a main actuator under the dash that is brokken, but i can't find it on any diagrams from SOR. Please help.

Also is it hard to adjust my idle, it is at about 600 rpm and is idleing a little rough.

I had a previous thread that mentioned when i try to start my cruiser sometimes all it will do is make a click noise, so i checked the battery and replaced that, it a brand new alternator, could it be the starter or something else?

As far as clicking when trying to star, if you checked all of the above that you mentioned, it's proabably the starter contacts.

Plug-wise, I personally haven't had any problem during the short time I ran with Bosch plugs, although I only use OEM now. OEM are cheap, reliable and easily obtained from any local Toyota dealer for less than $2 a plug. Some folks that have used the Bosch plugs have had some issues of porr idle, etc.

I have heard horror stories about the bosch plugs in these old trucks. I had some myself (PO), and when I swapped for ND - i noticed a big improvement. smoother idle and easier starts. Do a search on bosch plugs and see what it turns up. I think you will see an overall "no" for using them in our old 60's.

HTH

rob

I changed my FJ62's plug to Bosch's +4 plat. plug(Bosch P/N : 4479) and satisfied with result.
I only used OEM plugs for my FJ62 until 2003 but I tried Bosch's plug.
I saw many posts which tells not work well when bosch plug is installed to our old girls.
But I haven't have any problem during two years but satisfied with bosch's plug.
The reason why I chose bosch plug is longer life than OEM one. (When plat. plug)
Here in Korea, it's very hard to get Toyota oem parts always. So I bought Bosch's long life plat' plug when I went to USA.
Using bosch's plug gave me not only long life of plug but also smoother running and better fuel mileage.

Oh, Min Seok

Same here. I just recently started using ND but when I fist bought my 60 about 3 years ago I used the Bosh +4 for the longest time and it ran fine.

What is ND?

Thanks

NGK
:cool:

Russ in California said:

That's what I'm runnin now. Got 16 MPG coming over the mountains on Highway 2 on Wednesday, which I think is the best it's ever gotten. They start great, idle smooth and don't give me any problems. I WAS running a DirectHits sytem for a while, but I think one of the caps was defective, so I'm sending the set back for a new set. Hopefully the next set will work better.

For my next trick I'll be tuning up my 62 (currently in my what seems to be eternal rebuilding my axle thing)

Got the parts already and bought the ND spark plugs.

Thinking about gapping them just a liitle bit wider.. not sure. But ND seems to be the way to go from all I have read.

phoenix1055 said:
For my next trick I'll be tuning up my 62 (currently in my what seems to be eternal rebuilding my axle thing)

Got the parts already and bought the ND spark plugs.

Thinking about gapping them just a liitle bit wider.. not sure. But ND seems to be the way to go from all I have read.

After experimenting around, I found that the best gap (even with an aftermarket ignition box and coil) is 0.035". Most reliable spark kernel, starts quick and runs smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom