New Pioneer Avic-x930BT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This Head Unit was just released about 1.5 weeks ago. I have been awaiting the release because I like the newer features and the VOLUME KNOB!!!! Without steering wheel controls on my 01' it makes it far more difficult to take your eyes off the road to search for tiny little volume buttons. Or at least for me that is.
Pro's:
Bluetooth is the best I have used and heard in any vehicle.
Pandora
aha internet radio
the HU is basically an iPod with all of the scrolling features.
Being able to read the full title, artist and album of every song
Back up camera
Being able to see behind me via rear camera as I drive down the road
3D Nav
Having about 10 colors for your illumination to choose from. The green didn't match but you have a customization option to blend the colors to match your dash perfectly.
You can stream Pandora and ipod music
Detachable face(haven't tried to figure this out yet)
The layout is great
Made speakers sound 5x's better
VOLUME KNOB!!!!!!

Cons:
Only two that I can think of, and that is there can be some glare on the screen during the day making it hard to see the display. I had the front windows tinted today so we will see if that helps.
The display does not tilt.

5b8a493e.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I could trade my 920 in for the 930. I want a volume knob :(

Is your camera image reversed? Can you correct it from the HU if it is?

Brock, your shop was blowing smoke up your ass. My 920 fits like a glove, with very easy install.

was the install as straight forward as I alluded....or did it in fact require as much effort as shop thought?

Is was a simple install. Neil and Rich treat me right.

I'm with you, volume knobs ROCK! So do HVAC knobs. Not that I have a fascination with knobs, just like things easy to change on-the-fly... Does your camera installation interfere with your plate? Around here they've gotten pretty strict about covering up any part of your plate.

Wish I could trade my 920 in for the 930. I want a volume knob :(

Is your camera image reversed? Can you correct it from the HU if it is?

Brock, your shop was blowing smoke up your ass. My 920 fits like a glove, with very easy install.

No Brock is right. The LX has a much different install as far as the kit goes. The facia is very different.
I don't think the camera is reversed. I didn't even pay attention to that. If it is when I check I imagine it would be as simple as turning it around.

Edit: I just looked back at the pic above and it says image may appear reversed.

Last edited:
I'm with you, volume knobs ROCK! So do HVAC knobs. Not that I have a fascination with knobs, just like things easy to change on-the-fly... Does your camera installation interfere with your plate? Around here they've gotten pretty strict about covering up any part of your plate.
No more than a license plate frame wouldn't cover up. The only thing it covers up is part of the words "In God We Trust"
No biggie around here.

no it was not me....I got a Lexus it is a different install as wiring is all f'd up for Lexus Nakamichi plug and our opening is rounded and slanted at top...so I had to get a special trim piece for it to look professional and factory or there would be a gap at top. They told BBQBoy the same thing...but I told him on LC it is straight forward install and no special consideration needed.

Just wanted to make sure I did not lie to him......THIS TIME!:grinpimp:

no it was not me....I got a Lexus it is a different install as wiring is all f'd up for Lexus Nakamichi plug and our opening is rounded and slanted at top...so I had to get a special trim piece for it to look professional and factory or there would be a gap at top. They told BBQBoy the same thing...but I told him on LC it is straight forward install and no special consideration needed.

Just wanted to make sure I did not lie to him......THIS TIME!:grinpimp:
THIS TIME you did not lie to me. Those guys thought I had the same car as you when they told me that. when they actually looked at my Cruiser they were kind of relieved and said it was a cake walk compared to yours.

glad they took care of you.....

if you are working tomorrow i might stop by and check it out after i leave turkey woods from hunting.

Just text me or call. I should be there most of the day and night.

I want your camera... I had to drill thru my tailgate for mine... I should've made a holder instead... I wanted to be able to see the hitch like yours, but mine doesnt angle enough....

love the install...

Just got home with my new 2000 LC,

That stereo just what I want, how much did it cost? It goes right in without any cutting right?

That stereo just what I want, how much did it cost? It goes right in without any cutting right?

Make sure you look at the new Kenwood units too... The Kenwoods have Garmin Navagation software built in... I really like Garmin navagation on the boat, the hand helds and the software built in to the Kenwoods makes them very nice IMO... I have a older Pioneer AVIC and I can't wait to replace it... I'm sure the newer ones are better but I will likely get a Kenwood next time around...

It can be had for $699. IMMHO it is worth much more than that. I consider it to be a bargain. Not cutting or retro fitting needed. It goes right in the factory mounts.

Was actually quoted 500 for Kenwood without navigation a little while ago. Of course place didn't carry Pioneer!
Thanks for the help.

Any Double DIN headunit will drop right in there without any trimming of dash modification. We put one of these Kenwoods in my brothers Tundra... This one has Garmin GPS built in for $600... I've seen these in the $500 range if you look around...

KENWOOD DNX5160 6.1" IN-DASH DOUBLE-DIN NAVIGATION DVD - eBay (item 290547184751 end time Mar-26-11 18:43:02 PDT)

I paid $1000 for my Pioneer AVIC-D2 about 5 yrs ago... I liked it initially but now it's just outdated... I like the Kenwood my brother installed so much better than my Pioneer I've decided to swap mine out in the near future... The new Pioneer BBQ Boy just installed looks nice... At least they've all come down in price now...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom