New Pigs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scrapdaddy

Standing on the corner
SILVER Star
Threads
A lot of great looking new pigs showing up in the Sty and I'd like to tell everybody welcome. I look forward to reading and seeing more of each one. The group has a great collective knowledge of wagons and wemmins, so ask away and post up the pictures, we like pictures!

As for a build budget, I followed a modified J Mack budget and I would suggest early on that you do too and don't forget the flowers. :)

"Well, you're pretty good ol' son,
But sit down in that chair right there and let me show you how it's done."

Ron is absolutely right...this is the place if you're new to Iron Pigs. Or even if you think you know it all, there's still a lot to learn. As the owner of a semi-decent restomod, I'm here to tell you I couldn't have done it without relying on the assembled knowledge on this board. The big decision are really pretty easy, whether to stay stock or at least all Toyota, do an old school or modern day SBC conversion, an over the top diesel like JMack or something exotic like Evan's Toyota/Lexus conversion.
What's been most helpful to me is the advice on little things...where to find the right bracket for my power steering mod, how to keep things cool at highway or crawling speeds, little tricks for sound deadening and heat abatement, etc. And parts, Lord knows we all need that special piece we're only going to find here, sometimes for just a little Karma or a trade.
Being part of this ongoing discussion has helped me put more than 30,000 miles on the Frankencruiser instead of having a bunch of parts and a carcass sitting out in the garage.
Dive in, don' t be afraid to ask for advice or help, and get your pig out on the road and on the trails, regardless of your staring point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom