New pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, crap. Maybe I’ll be throwing an electric pump on then 😂🤦🏼‍♂️

I’ll run my camera into the slot and check the cam, but everything felt smooth when I replaced it. But… it’s starting to make sense why the pump arm was welded on.

Alright. Electric pump wired up and will not prime. I guess what I forgot to mention was that I completely drained the tank at the beginning of this process to rule out bad fuel as the stumbling issue. I’m wondering if the pickup fell off?

Can anyone tell me how the fuel pickup is oriented in these tanks? Is it part of the sender unit?

Update… Ran my camera in the tank and it looks great. The supply tubes are intact the only thing I can thing is it may be tough to prime this pump given they like to push and not pull fuel gonna try a manual primer and go from there. Grrr
E0083F31-9E23-41C7-BB28-681EE2123BF9.jpeg

Last edited:
Needs to be close as possible to tank and below bottom of tank 🤔😉
Got it mounted as close to this as possible on the frame. Instructions said to be within 12” of vertical. Given how my weekend has gone, I’m sure I’m overlooking something simple. 😂

Everything happens for a reason, and sometimes that reason is to fix the POs mistakes! Traced the lines back to the tank and sure enough the PO had the supply line hooked to the return on the tank. Swapped lines and fired right up!

Had I not drained the tank empty, I would’ve been chasing my tail on the road somewhere so I’m calling this another small win.

And keeping with my tinfoil hat, I’m gonna hook the mechanical pump back up 😂

Mechanical pump back on and fired right up. I noticed the fuel level in the sight glass is in the lower 1/3. I can rev the truck and cause it to sputter still, so I need to readjust the float. I set it to the FSM, but looks like I should’ve left it alone.

I’m shooting for 1/2 to 3/4 full in the sight glass, right?

Mechanical pump back on and fired right up. I noticed the fuel level in the sight glass is in the lower 1/3. I can rev the truck and cause it to sputter still, so I need to readjust the float. I set it to the FSM, but looks like I should’ve left it alone.

I’m shooting for 1/2 to 3/4 full in the sight glass, right?
I don't know the answer to your question, but I do like your tenacity!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom