New Pig to the area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome :beer: Nice piggy.

We try to have a regular meeting the first week of the month, typically, its been at Tyler's Taproom in Apex (Beaver Creek Commons).

I'm planning on hosting a HAMOM at my house in Cary in Jan (looking like Jan 21), hoping to do an axle swap on my 80 and help a few others build tire swing outs for the bumpers.

Post up what you are thinking about and you'll get plenty of feedback from this crowd...

Well, since you asked... :grinpimp:

I'm not afraid to work on my own junk, but I'm a long ways from being much of a mechanic. I'd like some other more experienced eyes and ears to look over the truck and give me some feedback about tie rod ends, birfs, a slow leak at the transmissin/t-case, lifter noise, where some of my steering slop is coming from, etc etc etc.

I'm looking for a recommended paint and body work guy in the area as well, anybody got someone good and reasonable?

Aaaand I'm looking for a set of stock rims and caps, and some 33" skinny tires to go along with them.

I'm also about to cut off my rockers - similar to others have done on FJ55's, and weld in some tube steel to replace. Any one want to trade some welding time for some beer?

It's a long list..and this is only the half of it. :doh: I'm not in a hury with any of this stuff, but slowly making some progress now that we're starting to feel settled down.

:cheers:

These pics are from just after I drove it to Vegas from Tucson. The paint is a little worse nowadays, but you get the idea. Last pic shows the only really bad rust spot, passenger rocker panel. Originally the paint was two tone blue and white, and has had one crappy paint job:

5341478646_59e450e8d1_b.jpg

5340873991_cc32ce71b1_b.jpg

5341486906_1bf2ce0578_b.jpg

5341483804_58649e3e90_b.jpg

Oooo...one more question. I have the stock rear heater, but it leaks like a sieve. Any recommendations for a radiator shop that'd be able to re-core or repair?

:cheers:

Sapps Radiator service Hwy 70 in Garner. Just had my heater pressure checked and cleaned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom