New Pig owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Landcruiser Nut

GOLD Star
Threads
So excited to find this pig preservation society on Mud thanks to Nolen Grogan
I’ve got several 40s one 60 had a couple 100’s and now at 200 and I just purchased a ‘76 FJ55.
Trying to get this little piggy in great shape
It’s got a few issues but other than that it’s in pretty good shape, shared a few pictures here. currently working on the tailgate motor and regulator and found the hinge ripped from the tailgate. Really found the article on tailgate repair very helpful as far as repairing the regulator removing it and the window etc.
I really enjoyed getting my 40s in shape and my 60 in great shape. I can already tell why people say 55s are difficult.

I have to admit I only showed the really good pictures or the positive pics i should say>
99FC442C-7C4E-4450-ACCA-E20C7DED0595.jpeg

5D79EBB5-D91B-49DD-8862-84B20999AE3D.jpeg

FEB8FB74-7367-4752-8068-BBF4D0E1567F.jpeg

A69AB9F9-1D9F-4E5E-B906-8498A950B4E2.jpeg

6D2F37A6-B5EE-41E4-9722-76D3AF6D3CA2.jpeg

Oxford Mississippi

and thank you

Excellent! I'm just a few hours north of you in Jackson, TN. There are a few of us pig owners in this area. I've never seen one on the road where I live (or during visits to Memphis or Nashville).

Wow, nice piggie! Glad you found one.

Down the rabbit hole in a pig.

History,
This one came out of California, it had little rust but as all pigs do have rust.
Lot of the hinges were frozen. So someone damage the front doors opening them and the tailgate trying to open
I believe I am the third owner. The title I received was from '88. It has the original dealer tag frame for the front and back.

Yes that is the plan Thought I’d try to find one in case
Thank you Ron

Welcome to the madness. Doesn't look too bad.

Why do you need a new tailgate? That one looks better than the one on my '77.
Wouldn't necessarily say need. I can probably repair it. I really like to keep my rigs as OEM as possible and in great shape. I want future generations to enjoy them. I just figured if I could find one that that the hinge section wasn't rusted out I would use it.

Awesome! I love it.
'76 is a great year with the disc brakes. It looks like someone may have replaced the ASCO lock-outs w/ Warns?
Plus you get the cool little carb cooling fan!
Yeah they are Warn Hubs. I thought Warn was on this year I didn’t know they were aftermarket. I’ve got ASIN one of my 40’s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom