NEW Pictures!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm a relative newcomer to the board, so here's a couple of pics of my (actually my son's) 78 FJ...bought on ebay from original owner for $6500, ALL original, 78,000miles, virtually NO RUST. Only "restoration" that we have done is new (original Dune Beige) paint inside and out, new wheels, new weatherstripping, lights, emblems, etc, and Downey headers to replace warped stock manifold. Planning on a mild lift, Tuffy console w/stereo, and restore and reinstall the original Warn 8274 winch. More info and pictures to follow.

Rob
Gig Harbor, WA
Neighbor of Land Pimp (howdy John)

Last edited:
Nice rig! and welcome! Are you going to try and keep up with the Jones's???? :rolleyes: :D

Land Pimp is WAAAYYYYY!!! outa my league!!!! if thats who you mean?? I have owned about as many Landrovers as he has Cruisers, though!! This is my first foray back into the world of TLC's since I drove my '72 FJ55 from Sacramento to Pensacola back in '83..

Thanks!

Looks great.......actaully looks better in person(or in Walts or at the Tides ;) in the pics the Dune Beige doesnt show up well, looks kinda gray but it really is Dune Beige and a sweet looking 40 :)

we really need to get together soon.....

Oh, speaking of 40's and Rovers, you seen the gal intown with the green lifted Defender 90? she has a 77 fj40 in dune beige she is going to be selling...even though she doesn't want to.

John

nice rig!

Yea I've seen the Defender. I had 2 of them (sickly..at the same time, along with a 97 RR!) Only imported 6000 or so..EVER! You been following me, or has my 16 yr old son been sneaking down to the Tides? Good for him!!!

really good looking 40; wow!

hey landpimp, let me know when she puts that 40 up for sale! or post it here; thanks.

T.

man thats a sweet 78, i have got to get down to gig harbor one of these days to check yours and pimps rides out.

roverpilot said:
Yea I've seen the Defender. I had 2 of them (sickly..at the same time, along with a 97 RR!) Only imported 6000 or so..EVER! You been following me, or has my 16 yr old son been sneaking down to the Tides? Good for him!!!

Tides =s Pizza !!!

Very nice truck 78s have the nice stuff.

Myrle

Hey Hawk..the original aux tank cap was shot...come to think of it, maybe it wasnt the original one. At any rate, fuel residue was covering the area behind the filler, so NAPA to the rescue. Seals, and it locks..

Rob

Tides!!! Halibut fish-n-chips, fries with tartar sauce, and Mac-n-Jack BEER on the deck!! Just doesnt get any better!!

funny thing, I have lived in GH all my life, bet I have been to the Tides less than 10 times, my folks live right across the bay from the Tides.........use to hear the bands play every friday/saturday night.

mallred said:
Tides =s Pizza !!!

Very nice truck 78s have the nice stuff.

Myrle

beautiful rig!!! how come i never saw these rigs when my parents lived out there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom