New Pics of Frame Off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The rust you see is slighlty deeper than surface. We're going to get a slow grinder wth a wire wheel and take it off. We'll then fill it as best we can with a welder.

The strucutural integrity is still there becasue it's not rusted all the way through. We verified this when we sand blasted the bottom.

I would replace the floor, but it's too much of a pian in the ass to cut the bottom out. Plus the floor would never be the same again, in terms of rigidity. Also, I'll be rhino lining the whole interior and I'm thinking that taking the steps as described, the truck will last another 30 years.

I welcome your opinions, however.

Best,

UNO

What an absolutely fantastic job! I love these pictures of restorations. It really makes me want to pick one up and do the same as a project. Again, beautiful work. Congratulations. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished project.

More Pic

Here are the most recent pics. We applied the self etching primer and two coats of sandable prime and are working on the finishing touches of the body work for the tub. Overall I'm pleased with the outcome. Still a lot more work ahead of use for the final prep before paint. Enjoy.

Notice the GM Truck....It too was a complete frrame off. It has a 454 and will make you shard you pants. It hauls asrse.

View attachment 92729

View attachment 92731

Last edited:
What'cha thinK?

Lookin' good. How about some slightly larger pics. These are only 320x240, and you can't get a REAL good look. Keep pluggin'

Hugh Heifer said:
What method was used to strip the body? Media? Sand? Elbow grease?

Hugh,

How are my twin ladies doing. I sure miss'em. I hope their giving you the satisification. :grinpimp:

The body was stripped using sand (for underside) and the rest was stripped using air tools, wire wheel, grinder and sanding discs. I didn't do any of the stripping, it was done by the body shop grunts. The paint came off real easy. However, the underside was a real PITA that requried sand. The sand blaster that was used was bought at Harbor Freight. It worked great, but it was a mess.

Thats some nice lookin' work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom