New Pics of Frame Off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please keep your hands on the key board.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The workmanship I like the most is on the frame. The fabricator who did it, did an excellent job. I was a little worried about mounting the motor, NV 4500 and 3 speed transfer case without the body, however, the fabricator got the measurements perfect and the tub lined up perfectly. Very impressive. BTW the transfer case had a full rebuild.

As shown we also relocated the rear tubular bar back about 6" to make it look as close to stock as possible. We also left the old bar on the outside of the frame for structural purposes. All in all, I'm very pleased with the work.

Next step is primer. It's been slow going on the bodywork and paint, but it's coming along nicely.

Best,

UNO.

PS Year to date expenditures have been about $19,000 including the acquisition of the truck. I have all the parts now including the full power steering kit...column, rods, etc. I've also installed discs all around with a power booster. I've also ordered weatherstrip all the way around the truck from one of the vendors...American Toyota....incidently a Albuquerque Company. Stainless steal bolts have been ordered all the way around .

Tires are 35" x 12.5 coopers and steelies.

I'll post more pics as we progres since I"m now a star member!

I hope this will be finished by the end of October.

One more. We replaced the entire rear sil. Nice piece but it was a real pain in the arce to line up. Notice the seam sealer. We're putting it thorughout the tub in all the factory seams, etc.

Last edited:
The only rust on the body is located at the passanger floor board. Not too bad, but not good either. We're going to slap some POR on it to try to slow the decay process down. Plus we'll be rhino lining the entire interior floor boards and tub.

There was also some rust on the sil but we cut it all out.

What are you putting on the body to keep it from rusting right away? it looks freshly sanded or blasted?

Beautiful job!!!
Are going to be able to remove the rear trans cross member bolts when the tub is on?

There's still plenty of room to fit a wrench or angled socket between the tub and brackets. We put new body mounts which give it a little more clearance between the tub and frame.

In terms of the rust. The truck is in New Mexico where we have very, very low humidity (very little rust concerns). It's been fully stripped for about a month with no new superficial rust. Plus the truck is always inside, so it's never exposed to the elements.

BTW the body filler you seen where the dash cluster is, it's from filling the ashtray area. I don't smoke and thought it looked weird and out of place. I'll keep everything else the same with exception of the dash pad as I bought a new storage dash (very nice product BTW).

Good idea

UNO_RACING said:
BTW the body filler you seen where the dash cluster is, it's from filling the ashtray area. I don't smoke and thought it looked weird and out of place. I'll keep everything else the same with exception of the dash pad as I bought a new storage dash (very nice product BTW).
That's a good idea. Maybe I could use that space to mount a navigation screen mmmmmm.

Awesome detailed work. You're right about the frame work--nice. I had such a piece of sh!t guy do some frame work for me...

May I ask: eventhough you are in NM etc. why not replace the passenger floor while you have everything torn down? How much more $$$/time will it take at this point versus sometime further down the road?

B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom