new pics and bumper squeak question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took the running boards off of my 2000 that I've had for 3 months...hopefully will be getting some new tires, thinking of moving up to some 285 nittos or BFG's.

I've noticed that when I tow a boat and when I press on the drivers side bumper there is a squeak that sounds alot like a creaky screen door. The drivers side bumper also has a noticeably bigger gap than the other side. Do y'all think this is related and if so is there something I can simply tighten up?

Thanks
IMG_2955.jpg
IMG_2957.jpg
IMG_2959.jpg

you can pull the rear bumper pretty easily and see what is going on back there when you hook up your trailer. I would do that and report back. Check your spare tire assembly and make sure everything is tight. And check the trailer hitch bolts.

Sounds like part of the bumper is rubbing on the body.

Took the running boards off of my 2000 that I've had for 3 months...hopefully will be getting some new tires, thinking of moving up to some 285 nittos or BFG's.

I've noticed that when I tow a boat and when I press on the drivers side bumper there is a squeak that sounds alot like a creaky screen door. The drivers side bumper also has a noticeably bigger gap than the other side. Do y'all think this is related and if so is there something I can simply tighten up?

Thanks
Tighten everything in site. Should take 15 minutes and two beers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom