New Paint, thumbs up or down? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, so I have recently switched my paint from old tan/rust to a new green. I wasn't too sure about the color when I chose it but after dozens of hours of research and google images I went with this. I don't think there is a name for the color yet, but if anyone has seen another 40 with this let me know. I think the closest color code would be 6H9??
Personally I am happy with it thus far. I have opted for satin black roof bezel.
I will attach a pic of what the color was prior..
2014-10-28-066.jpg
2014-10-28-063.jpg
2014-10-28-065.jpg
2014-10-28-064.jpg
999192_281230642019042_1269388623_n.jpg

I like it. Probably because I just did mine close to the same colour, a flat almost camo green with flat black hardware.
Dave

Any pics Dave?

Proud owner of Beast. 77 BJ40

Very nice. Maybe you shouldn't go with black on the roof as it gets hot in Costa Rica!

Haha ya it does. That's why I installed AC. Just kidding I don't even have vents haha

(Purists close your eyes)

With that color ...IMHO... instead of black I would go with an off white or even khaki for bezel and top.... but.... thats just me

(Purists open your eyes)

I like that green...

I agree that the black will be quite hot.... might want to consider oem white colors for bezel and top :D

But it is your truck.... and i know how it is a strugle to find that perfect ballance of uniqueness :)

Ya agreed an off white would look nice. But I'm a sucker for black roof/bezel.....as far as the heat, it's hot regardless here in the tropics. But we live on a mountain so we are average 76-80 everyday.

Ya agreed an off white would look nice. But I'm a sucker for black roof/bezel.....as far as the heat, it's hot regardless here in the tropics. But we live on a mountain so we are average 76-80 everyday.

I do like a black bezel on certain colors and agree it would look nice with that green. I have a black bezel on my dune beige FJ43 soft top.

76-80 is very tolerable. It's when you go down the mountain or to the beach that you may come to regret a black roof. How about keeping the roof the same green?

Ya I thought about green for the roof, he has already painted...that being said, its just paint so I can change it if need be ;) You in Costa Rica too??

Love the green, Hate black roofs.

X2 - great color, but the white roof is one of those quintessential "Land Cruiser" things that I wouldn't mess with. But again, it's your truck!

I hear ya on the roof, it's funny how so many of us are concerned about white roof...yet no one bats an eye when someone puts a chevy or some other american motor in their rig to me that's no bueno. The 2f is the heart of these things, but like ya said everyone has different tastes...I too love the white roof but gonna try black and see how she goes ;)

:bang:dammit now that I think of it....white would look amazing..shhhiiittte

I hear ya on the roof, it's funny how so many of us are concerned about white roof...yet no one bats an eye when someone puts a chevy or some other american motor in their rig to me that's no bueno. The 2f is the heart of these things, but like ya said everyone has different tastes...I too love the white roof but gonna try black and see how she goes ;)

To me, it's more important that my truck is stock "looking" than stock under the hood. I don't know why...kinda what makes 40's fun, in my opinion. They are almost infinitely modifiable and everyone has their own likes and dislikes. No two look alike, and everyone has their own little streaks of "purist" running through them. To be completely honest I'd RATHER have a 2F than the V8 currently in my rig, but 1. it came that way and 2. parts are WAY cheaper for the small block. Plus if I blow it up, I can go to a junk yard and just drop another one in on the same mounts. 2F's and rebuild parts are getting hard to find...

:bang:dammit now that I think of it....white would look amazing..shhhiiittte

I've seen some black roofs I like, I'd just never go that route - and I'm sure yours will look fine.

Haha here here!!

I just love the contrast with the darker colors. And since this is a darker green, the cygnus white would look awesome. Black doesn't stand out as much. If that's the look you're trying to achieve, the more stealthy camo look then black is your color. But dang, white with the dark green contrast would be my choice.

White roof and bezel for me...but hey it's yours do whatever the fawk you want.

Paint is looking good BTW:clap:

Ya I thought about green for the roof, he has already painted...that being said, its just paint so I can change it if need be ;) You in Costa Rica too??
The problem with asking for opinions is you get just that. If when all is done you like the black roof that's all that matters. I'm in the US, but have visited CR a couple of times and love the country. May have to buy a place there to retire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom