New owners of a 1985 Toyota FJ60 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeah but the curve balls will be slow, as it is a land cruiser :hillbilly: these beasts are bicycle simple.
That’s why my husband doesn’t want to swap out the 2F 😂 He likes that simplicity. Original transmission will probably stay too, it actually gets up to 70 mph no problem. Hopefully both those in good shape, but ya never know lol

Can’t have too bad of an experience with so much bourbon around you 🤷🏻‍♀️
Hmmm, sometimes its good, sometimes its bad when it comes to bourbon. I used to be a Tequila guy myself.
Bourbon was too sweet to me, if that makes sense. Cheers! J

Hmmm, sometimes its good, sometimes its bad when it comes to bourbon. I used to be a Tequila guy myself.
Bourbon was too sweet to me, if that makes sense. Cheers! J
Bourbon ain’t everyone’s thing 🤷🏻‍♀️ But the distillery tours are so much fun, it’s the experience!! And the bourbon, if that’s what you’re into haha

Truth! Nothing a can of coke cant fix lol
647C0BB1-64BC-4C11-A207-E0F7C38B01E8.gif

Welcome to MUD. I highly suggest getting a Silver Star or similar. Support this site, and you’ll get your moneys worth I promise. Look forward to seeing your build progress. My brother lives in Whitesville, I was just there for Thanksgiving and had a great time.

:flipoff2: (have to give my official IH8MUD welcome too)

Welcome to MUD. I highly suggest getting a Silver Star or similar. Support this site, and you’ll get your moneys worth I promise. Look forward to seeing your build progress. My brother lives in Whitesville, I was just there for Thanksgiving and had a great time.

:flipoff2: (have to give my official IH8MUD welcome too)
Thank you! I probably will get that, everyone has been saying it's worth it. Can't say I've been to Whitesville, but I know where it is! haha. Kentucky is a beautiful state, we have a good time here :)

Thank you! I probably will get that, everyone has been saying it's worth it. Can't say I've been to Whitesville, but I know where it is! haha. Kentucky is a beautiful state, we have a good time here :)
enough alcohol makes most any place a fun time. n you guys have got bourbon running in the rivers, right? :grinpimp:

yeah, that's what @Old Nick 's been trying to convince us of also :grinpimp:
I do what I can to represent the Commonwealth of Kentucky... and to help its economy all that I'm able...

burp...

:flipoff2:

@sydknee1996

In July, the Kentucky Land Cruiser Association hosts the Back the Byway trail ride to support The Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway at the RR Gorge. It’s a wonderful event. Tons of cool folks from all over the south and further afield. If you get your truck ready in time, I’d highly recommend it. My wife and I will be there in my 62.

FYI ...Once you download the FSMs (factory service manuals) from the Resources section you should open them with an updated version of adobe reader. Then you can copy and paste onto this forum any page or section of a page you have a question about. Some FSM's I recommend you get and save to a file on your PC:

1984-1990 chassis and body, 1981 2f Emissions Control, 1986 Maintenance, 1991 2f engine repair

Here's a link to get you close, click on the manuals you want and when the page loads click on the orange download button on the right upper section of the screen.

FYI ...Once you download the FSMs (factory service manuals) from the Resources section you should open them with an updated version of adobe reader. Then you can copy and paste onto this forum any page or section of a page you have a question about. Some FSM's I recommend you get and save to a file on your PC:

1984-1990 chassis and body, 1981 2f Emissions Control, 1986 Maintenance, 1991 2f engine repair

Here's a link to get you close, click on the manuals you want and when the page loads click on the orange download button on the right upper section of the screen.

Thanks so much!

@sydknee1996

In July, the Kentucky Land Cruiser Association hosts the Back the Byway trail ride to support The Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway at the RR Gorge. It’s a wonderful event. Tons of cool folks from all over the south and further afield. If you get your truck ready in time, I’d highly recommend it. My wife and I will be there in my 62.
I saw that! But I thought we missed the window to sign up for it :( Is there a way to still join?

I saw that! But I thought we missed the window to sign up for it :( Is there a way to still join?
I think that there is still plenty of time.

AND, I was wrong, we went to the Daniel Boone Back Country "Annual Kentucky Trail Ride." The Back the Byway event is in May.

Here is the link.

It's worth joining the Kentucky Land Cruiser Association because funds go toward maintaining the Byway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom