new owner w/painted bumper question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

After lurking for the past year and searching for the past few months, I managed to find a clean rig here in the midwest and made the 300 mile trip home yesterday. 96 with 139k. I can't believe I didn't notice before, but when I got home I realized that the bumpers were painted the same color as the body- was this part of the "gold" package along with the pinstripe? It's a good color match, but a couple areas have a bit of peeling and I'm wondering what it would take to get them back to their original finish.

1st project: deblingification- remove gold pinstripe and get the gold off of the emblems.
mud1.jpg
mud2.jpg

may be part of a package all the LX I have seen have painted bumpers. Nice find and a good looking truck

hmmm...my regular cruiser also has painted bumpers.
Don't know if the PO painted them or not.

not much difference for me though having a black cruiser:D

Looks pretty much like my Moonglow Pearl 80, the bumpers were a pretty close match with the body color before I put the aftrmarket stuff on. The gold pinstripe was probably an add on, I don't think it was a part of the Gold Package per se. I have seen gold package cruisers that did not have a pinstirpe.

BTW, mine has the Black Pearl package and had a light gray pinstripe, that I had removed. Pinstripes are just a dealer's way of getting a few more bucks profit when the unit heads out the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom