New owner of a Chris Wade FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@John Smith ... did you find the pics that help?

Actually, I found the angles don't really show the belt routing very well. So let me share what I think I see, and you can correct me please. It appears to me that this 2F has a dual groove crank pulley along with a dual pulley on the water pump. It looks like the inner belt is going from crank pulley to the Saginaw pump over to the AC compressor completely bypassing the water pump. The outer pulley appears to go from crank to alternator to water pump. Does that reflect reality?

The big difference between our engines is I've got a triple groove crank pulley, and I'm running a W Dorry Saginaw pump bracket. I'll gladly switch to the head bolt Saginaw bracket if I need to, to make this all work.

Seems correct. I have in my notes one belt is crank, power steering, alternator; the second crank, air conditioning, water pump. HTH

Thanks! That helps greatly. The only thing more helpful would be the Gates belt part numbers if you happen have those in your notes. Also, you do some fine work! I somehow missed the link to all the pictures.

No way, that is the hardest part back and forth until you have just the right belt. Just kidding here they are.
DSC02113.JPG

I’ve got to ask about those wheels. Did you have them widened? And what tire size is on there? They look great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom