New owner of 2006 LX470, 189K. What might I expect to service next? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This past weekend I purchased a 2006 LX470 w/189,000 miles. I'm in Dallas, TX and had been looking for a new family mover. Started looking for 1st-gen Sequoia 4wd, then GX470s, but test drove a 2006 LC100 with 250K miles and was shocked by how smooth it was. That 2006 LC100 was rougher than what I wanted so I kept looking. Was literally 1-2hrs late on picking up a 2007 LC100 1-owner vehicle in Fort Worth. After several near misses for being to slow I decided next vehicle I would act fast. Four days after missing the 2007 LC100, I saw a "newly listed" post on carfax with no pics, Texas 1-owner vehicle but no service details. Checked Lexus Driver's site and the service history was long. Saw a TB change within the last three months, called the dealer and went straight to see the vehicle. It was nice as I could hope, left a deposit and returned the the following day to purchase it. I'm attaching the service history and hoping some of you might identify any service areas I should consider addressing next. Although I work from home, this will be my daily driver and family mover so I want to make sure I have funds saved for repairs as they are needed. Goal is to use it for family vacations to the Western states, camping and over time offroading. I'd really appreciate your input.

Attachments

• 2006 LX470 Service History.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
if you can't confirm fluids were changed properly or documeted at a dealer then that's your first step. Pull up a spreadsheet and start documenting each thing that's been done and when to build a history you can refernce to know what needs to be addressed..

Power steering, AHC fluid, brake fluid, oil, coolant, front and rear diffs, transfer case, transmission oil, grease them zerks, change out air and cabin filters, these are all important one's you will want to do.

confirm when was last time you got spark plugs and change out if due, brakes, rotors, fuel filter, etc.

read many threads available on baseline. 200k service etc. you'll find a lot of good tips and its up to you how far you want to take baseline.... new cv axles? new alternator? new starter? these are just items folks may change out to not do it middle of nowhere as a lot of folks go deep into middle of nowhere and that's not the place you want a surprise.

good luck.

Made it through the first 10 of 77 pages but the service history looks pretty solid and you shouldn't have to do much for 20-30k mi. Drive it and enjoy it for a bit before doing any other PM or mods.

What did you pay?

Made it through the first 10 of 77 pages but the service history looks pretty solid and you shouldn't have to do much for 20-30k mi. Drive it and enjoy it for a bit before doing any other PM or mods.

What did you pay?
I picked it up for $17K. The 1-owner 2007 LC100 I missed was $16K and needed the TB. So I rationalized that the premium covered the TB and service history. When I saw the rest of the service detail the salesman had (151K-189K), I saw the prior owner had spent $18K in service in about 3yrs. The more complete history (attached above) I found on the Lexus Driver's website. So my goal here is to ask experienced LC/LX100 owners what I might expect next. A lot of work has been done. I've done a fair bit of research, but I'm sure there are gaps in the history of this vehicle. I just don't know what those might be. It's a 14yr old vehicle, so I don't expect it to be perfect.

I'm not reading 77 pages. At 200k, like clockwork, fan clutch, fan pulley, starter, alternator, steering rack, CVs, secondary air pump.

I am going to move all of the service record into over to an Google sheets format so it's not such a big ask. It feels like a lot of the PM pointed out has been touched in the past 1-2yrs.

I'm not reading 77 pages. At 200k, like clockwork, fan clutch, fan pulley, starter, alternator, steering rack, CVs, secondary air pump.
Looks like the alternator, steering rack, and secondary air pump are done. I'll have to check on the fan clutch and fan pulley. I'm pretty confident the starter hasn't been done. I'll add those last three to the TDL if I can't confirm. Thanks.

That’s nice and exciting. Wish i was getting a nickel for every time you look out your “home office” window at your new beast. :rofl:

That’s nice and exciting. Wish i was getting a nickel for every time you look out your “home office” window at your new beast. :rofl:

Yeah, you'd be a rich man. Every time I walk away, I'm looking back. Gotta ask, how did you put all those miles on all those 80 and 100 series. Wow. Makes me think I might not ever buy another vehicle.

Haaa. My family didn't buy any of them new but we have put a pile of miles on them the last buncha years. For example, the '96 with 478k was bought with 129k 15 years ago, the 2000 with 348k was bought with 43k 16 years ago. And I actually bought the '04 LX with 318k yesterday. We have put alot of miles on the others but not as many as the first two mentioned. I drive 100+ miles per day so it will add up. I would drive them and pass them down to all my kids when they started driving.

And I am not an OCD maintenance kind of cruiser owner. I do what needs to be done but I don't make up reasons to do things. All ten of mine the last 24 years have been very cheap to buy (used) and to own because the vehicles are simply designed and assembled well. And divine intervention due to prayer before buying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom