New owner intro and some questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey gang!
I've been lurking for a bit while I searched for a 100 series. Well, I finally found one I liked and went for it! I sold my D3 Audi S8 and picked up this 06 LX about a week ago. I generally like and own fast cars, but since I moved to the Lake Tahoe area about a year ago, I have wanted something a little more rugged that I could use to bomb around the mountains and desert, and will probably get into doing some camping when it warms up next year. I settled on the 100 series for their value, looks, ruggedness, and just being all around badass. I test drove a couple stock ones and was not impressed, but once I found and drove this modded one, that was it. I love it! It's very slow which is an odd feeling for me, but it sure is nice to be able to just drive over everything. I've done some techstream mods already (got it to work easily on the 64bit OS), such as turning off the tilt/telescoping wheel, making all the doors unlock with one click, windows down with remote, etc. I look forward to learning from you all, and hopefully contributing some useful things to the forum! Anyways, here are some details on the truck. I do have a couple questions which I'll add below the photos.

06 LX
190k miles
No rust whatsoever
Extremely clean inside and out except for a couple tears in drivers seat. Will see about getting this repaired as I'm not too hot on the reupholstery options and the other seats are in great shape
Slee blueberry front bumper with winch
4x4 labs rear bumper
White knuckle sliders, welded to frame
OME lift with UCA, diff drop, all the things. Full AHC delete
Re-geared to 4:88
285/75/18 Trail Grapplers
Front Runner roof rack
Some assorted lights
Little mods such as USB ports, Bluetooth, CB radio, light switch panel

Since everyone will want to know, I paid $18k

IMG_2715.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

So here are my questions:

1. Is there a way to make the windows roll up with the key fob, using techstream?
2. Is there a way to turn of the DRL with techstream, or is it a wiring trick only?
3. The car has a full AHC delete, so the AHC off light is flashing. Is there an easy way to turn this off, or would I need to remove the cluster and remove light bulbs?
4. The only real problem with the truck is that the VGRS is malfunctioning. When I got it, the steering wheel was about 90 degrees counterclockwise off center. It has since then been anywhere between 90 to 190 degrees off. It drives fine. The only light on the dash is the VGRS light. I scanned it and got codes C1552 (DC motor power source voltage), C1554 (power supply relay failure), and C1561 (lock mechanism). I cleared the codes and drove it for a couple days, and when scanned again I'm just getting C1552 and C1554. Looking at the dealership records for the car, it did have the snap ring recall performed many years ago. Techstream won't allow me to do the steering calibration with the codes present so I'm thinking it's more than just a simple re-calibration problem. Any advice on where to go from here? If it's something simple I'd love to just fix it. The seller did also include the LC intermediate shaft for me (see pic). If it's a simple fix, I'd prefer to do that. But I have no interest in getting a new VGRS shaft or ECU due to the cost. I also have no problem just getting rid of VGRS in favor of the solid LC steering shaft. Does anyone have an actual experience doing this? What is involved? Is it just a matter of swapping the intermediate shaft and unplugging the VGRS ECU? Would love some guidance here. Here are the parts given to me:

IMG_2719.jpg

Congrats on your purchase that has a power to weight ratio that is roughly the same as the Vatican.

The dash lights for AHC are not bulbs, they are LEDs soldered directly to the appropriate circuit board.

Took the truck on a little mild trail on the way home from work today. Impressed! The 35s tuck nicely into the fenders and I didn’t experience any rubbing with this mild articulation.

A662D1B5-191E-4E7A-8C73-FDDC487934E0.jpeg
944D7DE6-69F3-4E61-85F5-9602EAEE5500.jpeg
B986E96A-A261-4E35-BDCA-8F363732BD0D.jpeg

Bumping this once to see if anyone can shed some wisdom regarding the VGRS issue before I start digging in and replacing with the non-VGRS land cruiser shafts. If I do it successfully, I'll start a thread because I really can't find any useful information on this.

No info on the VGRS stuff, maybe @reklund5 can help as a local.
You say NV/Lake Tahoe area, where exactly are you? Also if you haven't go introduce yourself in our clubhouse (Battle Born Cruisers of Northern NV or BBCNN).

No info on the VGRS stuff, maybe @reklund5 can help as a local.
You say NV/Lake Tahoe area, where exactly are you? Also if you haven't go introduce yourself in our clubhouse (Battle Born Cruisers of Northern NV or BBCNN).

I'm in Reno. I'll go check out the BBCNN, thanks!

2 - Yes, you can turn off DRL in techstream.

Welcome - nice rig. Lots of fast car reprobates here too. 100 is a perfect compliment to them.

2 - Yes, you can turn off DRL in techstream.

Welcome - nice rig. Lots of fast car reprobates here too. 100 is a perfect compliment to them.
Thanks for the welcome! Lots to learn as I venture into this entirely new sector of motorsports. At least now I can tow my race car to the track. Living on the east coast I would usually just drive the 30-60 minutes to the track on slicks :p
I didn't notice the option to deactivate DRL in techstream...I'll have to take another look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom