New Owner Intro - 2017 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a few months of searching, I'm glad to join the LC 200 club, replacing a 2014 RR Sport. I blame @wiseinvestor for letting me test drive his. That set the hook and the rest is history.
Coming from mildly collectable vehicles before, I was initially surprised at how quickly good examples get snatched up. The search was almost as much fun as buying sports/race cars. My advice for those looking is to be ready to pounce when you find the right one.

Plans for the LC are to keep it mostly stock, but build this one up slowly to optimize it for my usage model. I frequently tow a car to race tracks around the US midwest and will also be camping in the back at the track several times a year. First tow will likely be to Mid Ohio later this month (fingers-crossed). Everything is a compromise, but the LC seems to be a great multitasker.

I do most of my own wrenching and tend to follow the factory as much as possible, so the first order of business is to source the FSM electronically (I especially like accurate wiring diagrams). Second on the list is to get this thing on my lift at home (test fitting the lift points picture is below) and go over it from nose to tail - even with an off-lease 3-year old car there are always things to correct/improve.

Looking forward to joining the conversation!

IMG_0911.jpg

Congrats! Best color too.
Check that front driveline.. some dealer service departments don’t even know it has one to grease.

Welcome - back in 2017 I ditched my 2014 RR Sport for a 2017 Land Cruiser. While I don’t miss the electrical issues and poor build quality of my RR, I totally miss the performance.

After a few months of searching, I'm glad to join the LC 200 club, replacing a 2014 RR Sport. I blame @wiseinvestor for letting me test drive his. That set the hook and the rest is history.
Coming from mildly collectable vehicles before, I was initially surprised at how quickly good examples get snatched up. The search was almost as much fun as buying sports/race cars. My advice for those looking is to be ready to pounce when you find the right one.

Plans for the LC are to keep it mostly stock, but build this one up slowly to optimize it for my usage model. I frequently tow a car to race tracks around the US midwest and will also be camping in the back at the track several times a year. First tow will likely be to Mid Ohio later this month (fingers-crossed). Everything is a compromise, but the LC seems to be a great multitasker.

I do most of my own wrenching and tend to follow the factory as much as possible, so the first order of business is to source the FSM electronically (I especially like accurate wiring diagrams). Second on the list is to get this thing on my lift at home (test fitting the lift points picture is below) and go over it from nose to tail - even with an off-lease 3-year old car there are always things to correct/improve.

Looking forward to joining the conversation!

View attachment 2394388

Welcome and she’s a beauty. I’ve always liked LC’s and still do :)

Keep us informed of your adventures with your new ride.

What is your interior color?

How many miles?

Check your KDSS valve and radiator.

What is your interior color?

How many miles?

Check your KDSS valve and radiator.

Terra interior. I dig it.

KDSS bits look good, very little corrosion for a car in the midwest. Radiator and associated plumbing is on the list to inspect.

Congrats on the LC! In regards to the radiator, you'll want to check around the rectangular piece for any cracking. This photo shows hairline cracks at the bottom edge and is where most of them end up failing.

radiator crack.jpg

Congrats. let me ask how you found one coming off a lease?

Welcome, like your home lift setup

Thanks. The home lift has been the single best "tool" purchase I've made. This is a relatively inexpensive scissor lift. Helps make it easy for almost all typical at-home repair, service, and maintenance items. Brakes, suspension, oil changes, detailing, race prep, etc... All simple with the lift. Scissor lifts are easy and affordable - but they aren't nearly as helpful as a two post.

Congrats. let me ask how you found one coming off a lease?

I've had email alerts on all of the typical car sites rolling for several months. Anytime a LC came up for sale nationwide, I got an email. Started tracking asking prices, price drops, mileage, year, etc... I missed out on a few over the last several months - I either didn't act fast enough or was too busy with other things to hassle with the dealer used car buying process. This one popped up locally on a Thursday afternoon and by Friday afternoon it was in my garage.

Nice find. Did you subscribe to a certain website for leased vehicles?

Nice find. Did you subscribe to a certain website for leased vehicles?

Nope. Just the standard consumer sites. Cars.com, edmunds, etc... I was looking for a pre-2016 actually (so likely not off-lease as leases are commonly 36 months), but this one checked most of the boxes.

Excellent. I did not find any LC's off lease when I was looking last December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom