New Owner in E. TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone! I purchased a 97 LC last night and waiting for it to be delivered today. Black on Tan w/ 206k miles. Been in TN since 2001 and 48k miles and the frame and body are in great condition. Looking forward to fixing it up as stock as possible to be my daily driver. Gonna sell my 2011 LS 460 w/ 66k miles as soon as this rig is fit to go. Not very many issues- both power seats will not go forward or backward but all other movements work, antenna needs installed, ABS light came on but did not come back on in the following ignition cycle, needs tires and some trim work. Plenty of receipts and clean carfax!

I haven't had a chance to read through the stickies or any posts, but if someone wants to recommend some shocks (don't want to lift it) and some favorite tires, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris

If sticking close to stock height and weight I definitely recommend you try the stock Tokicos. As you add weight and/or lift your needs may change. The stock shocks are well matched to stock 80s and benefit from being specifically designed for the application.

Last edited:
Agree, the Toyota shocks in a stock 80 are good shocks for a good price.

About the seats not moving, very common problem, relatively easy fix. Search for these words: GAMVITI seat gear kit

Lets see that new rig!

Lets see that new rig!
Here you go! Car had been sitting a bit and had the jumper box hooked up. I’ll take better pics once I get back from my mechanic.

CDF5995E-BDDF-448F-A623-43EDC49825A0.jpeg

1F5733AC-321E-4897-B665-E5C80210BD4F.jpeg

862ED8C7-BF77-4CFD-AC8B-C0364B6111BA.jpeg

CED798F5-C9D8-4792-ADCC-B28657F331A1.jpeg

Gonna keep its stock he says.

I give him 6 months. :rofl:

Welcome to MUD, cadysrme. :flipoff2::flipoff2:

Collectively, we are really good helping you find things to spend money on you rig.

Gonna keep its stock he says.

I give him 6 months. :rofl:

Welcome to MUD, cadysrme. :flipoff2::flipoff2:

Collectively, we are really good helping you find things to spend money on you rig.
OK- you might be right. I do want the brush guard and tail light guards lol. I cannot wait to get this thing back all checked out w/ new tires and fire that buffer up and get to work.

Not for nothing but I have a brush guard and the tail guards too that you can have for Freeeeeeeee. Just know that both of components are fugly and both of these are known to cause more damage than actually protect your vehicle.

Like I said, I have both for you. I took them off my cruisers as soon as I bought them and stored them in case someone wanted them. It’s yours for the taking, if you so choose.

Not for nothing but I have a brush guard and the tail guards too that you can have for Freeeeeeeee. Just know that both of components are fugly and both of these are known to cause more damage than actually protect your vehicle.

Like I said, I have both for you. I took them off my cruisers as soon as I bought them and stored them in case someone wanted them. It’s yours for the taking, if you so choose.
For sure! I do know that they can cause more damage in some cases, but if they're the ones I'm thinking of I think they look kinda tough. When I get my rig back maybe we can meet up. That's an awesome offer! Thanks!

Nice looking FZJ80, don't ruin it.

Your choice of course, but generally you don't want things that look tough, if you add anything to your 80 you want things that are functional. Most forum members would/will LOL when/if they see an 80 series with those "tough" brush guards and throw up in their mouth a little bit when they see the tail light guards.

IMHO, resist the temptation to "look" tough. :slap:

Last edited:
Those are called "damage multipliers" for a reason.

Nice truck!

Get REAL brush guards (bumpers), sliders to protect it from the other cars at the mall and the curbs you may encounter.

Nice looking truck. Order a new Toyota Land Cruiser emblem for the rear hatch.

OK- you might be right. I do want the brush guard and tail light guards lol. I cannot wait to get this thing back all checked out w/ new tires and fire that buffer up and get to work.
so it starts.... haha!

To remove the left over adhesive for the rear hatch emblem a 3M eraser wheel with a cordless drill works well. They're more expensive than the cheapo brands made in kerapp chynna, but they do a better job with less pressure and generate less heat in the paint. IME it's safer to not use any of the chemical adhesive removers like Goo Gone or Goof Off, they can soften and damage the paint on a big job like this.

Last edited:
You guys aren’t helping me get rid of my tough looking brush guards. They look tough as hell collecting spider webs in the shed
Well, I have a CHROME brush guard in my storage. Unfortunately I don't have the taillight guards or I'd have been right there competing with you to get them on their way.

OP:
By the way, chrome is faster. PM me if you want a chrome brush guard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom