New owner and already screeching Master Cylinder :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I doubt new battery had any bad effect. But water entry (around windshield is all to common) and low fluid may have.

So how is your Master Cylinder from ebay holding up?
I also purchased from Yam6 and had an independent mechanic install - no problems to date. Initially I was concerned about a slight humming sound (only on start and when brake pedal depressed), but after further research this appears to be normal. Yam6 claims the part is genuine, it arrived in a Toyota box with the correct part# on the box, but there are no markings on the unit itself.

I doubt new battery had any bad effect. But water entry (around windshield is all to common) and low fluid may have.

I'm not sure this is my issue water entry after I wash the car because now it has disappeared.How does water affect it 2001LC ?.

2001 lc I always wash around the wipers and plastics between bonnet and windscreen cause we get alot of dust here maybe it is getting wet and causing the screeching sound.

Keep in mind this is only one possible cause of your issue. When I hear problem(s) coming and going, I first look to moisture!

It's fine too wash around wipers & windshield. But if windshield has ever been replaced, chances are the installer did a poor jobs. Openings around windshield allowing water penetration.
1) Installer drills new holes and use screws to fasten molding. This leaves the factory rivet holes open. They also fail to plug factory alignment holes along top.
2) Nicking or scratching paint under windshield, and then not adequately protecting bare metal. Over time holes from rust develop through the body.

Water then travels down the "A" pillar(s), during washing or rain/snow storms. This gets into electronics inside cabin side panels. This causes all kinds of issues. Then after drying out everything is fine again. Over time this causing all kinds of permanent damage.

Keep in mind this is only one possible cause of your issue. When I hear problem(s) coming and going, I first look to moisture!

It's fine too wash around wipers & windshield. But if windshield has ever been replaced, chances are the installer did a poor jobs. Openings around windshield allowing water penetration.
1) Installer drills new holes and use screws to fasten molding. This leaves the factory rivet holes open. They also fail to plug factory alignment holes along top.
2) Nicking or scratching paint under windshield, and then not adequately protecting bare metal. Over time holes from rust develop through the body.

Water then travels down the "A" pillar(s), during washing or rain/snow storms. This gets into electronics inside cabin side panels. This causes all kinds of issues. Then after drying out everything is fine again. Over time this causing all kinds of permanent damage.

I have the original windscreen still from factory.I think that's my problem water has got in then dryed out now it's gone away.Last time I washed the car kids helped me to and were playing with water on the car.

It's great you've the original windshield, this reduces possible of water entry from under/around it. Next check your sunroof drains.

If issue comes with rain or washing, then goes away once dried out for a few days. Than it's moisture related!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom