New owner - 1999 Lexus LX470 w 244k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

New member here. Just picked up my 1999 LX470 a week ago. Has 244k miles and in good running and driving condition, but rough around the edges. Plan to clean up a few small cosmetic things first (3rd brake light, antenna, maybe new arm rest covers) and then start tackling overdue maintenance (replace all fluids, timing belt/heater t's, address non-dripping leaks on rear end, t-case, and front axle). This is one of many cars I have but hope to focus on it for a while as it'll fit our whole family comfortably! Have already been looking around and glad to be a part of this forum.

Steven

lx470 pic.jpg

244K miles is not bad at all.
My son's 2004 Land Cruiser has 238K miles and running strong.

244K miles is not bad at all.
My son's 2004 Land Cruiser has 238K miles and running strong.
In my opinion...on any Toyota, 250K miles and the engine is just starting to get broken in ;)

Toyota_Breakdown_meme.PNG

So I'm going to attempt to do a running thread here like my new idol @TEXAS 57 haha. I have a small youtube account so it'll likely mostly be links to my youtube videos showing small (and hopefully big) things I do to my Lexus as the years go on. Hopefully it turns out helpful to others!

So I'm going to attempt to do a running thread here like my new idol @TEXAS 57 haha. I have a small youtube account so it'll likely mostly be links to my youtube videos showing small (and hopefully big) things I do to my Lexus as the years go on. Hopefully it turns out helpful to others!
Thanks for the Kudos.

I have been thinking about doing the same with the YouTube vids. I have so many little things I have learned and I tinker every day.

It looks like you have aftermarket headlights or later year plastic lights. Our years were glass. Mine kept chipping and getting "BB" holes. I went plastic. I don't mind polishing them every now and then.

Funny thing. I cleaned my sunroof drains 3-4 years ago and they are already clogged.

Stay away from L-Seat for covers. I am about to review mine on my wife's LC.

You may get a stubby flexible (I think Tacoma) antenna instead of the retractable one.

I have an extra 3rd row if you need it. I am about to throw them away so let me know. (I have had three 3rd row seats listed for $5 for a couple years)

Headed to Sulfur Springs for some Bow Fishing in late Oct.

Now you're inspiring me.

Just fyi. Order parts from Lexus and they’ll arrive much sooner. They overnighted a part from Dallas to San Antonio that would have taken Toyota weeks to get in.

Hi all,

New member here. Just picked up my 1999 LX470 a week ago. Has 244k miles and in good running and driving condition, but rough around the edges. Plan to clean up a few small cosmetic things first (3rd brake light, antenna, maybe new arm rest covers) and then start tackling overdue maintenance (replace all fluids, timing belt/heater t's, address non-dripping leaks on rear end, t-case, and front axle). This is one of many cars I have but hope to focus on it for a while as it'll fit our whole family comfortably! Have already been looking around and glad to be a part of this forum.

Steven

View attachment 3045265
Hi, neighbor.

Thanks for the Kudos.

I have been thinking about doing the same with the YouTube vids. I have so many little things I have learned and I tinker every day.

It looks like you have aftermarket headlights or later year plastic lights. Our years were glass. Mine kept chipping and getting "BB" holes. I went plastic. I don't mind polishing them every now and then.

Funny thing. I cleaned my sunroof drains 3-4 years ago and they are already clogged.

Stay away from L-Seat for covers. I am about to review mine on my wife's LC.

You may get a stubby flexible (I think Tacoma) antenna instead of the retractable one.

I have an extra 3rd row if you need it. I am about to throw them away so let me know. (I have had three 3rd row seats listed for $5 for a couple years)

Headed to Sulfur Springs for some Bow Fishing in late Oct.

Now you're inspiring me.
Thanks for the reply! I plan to wet sand/polish/coat my headlights at some point. I keep telling myself i need to stop with fun little things and tackle my timing belt bc I have no history/records of its last replacement though.

My seats are actually in good condition imo, just covering them to protect. Already bought a retractable antenna but would like to disable the auto retract feature when i get around to replacing. idk may keep for a while since ive never seen it in action. Appreciate the offer for seats - I hope to get the drivers later this year from the seller (its in his attic - he gave me two passengers on accident lol)

Finally got around to tossing in the armrest and seat covers yesterday - quick reviews (links to youtube vids) below. product links are in the video description in case others are interested in what i bought

seat covers -
armrest covers -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom