New onset issue; both hazard and turns signals will light but not blink (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
WOrked fine yesterday. Of note I have had all LED lights for years now with no issues prior to today.
Potentially important: Been raining today and yesterday when driving.

Dash signal lights turn on as do the actual indicator lights outside the truck, for both hazard and turn tignals. Just no Blink.
Searching through Mud indicates potential grouding issue? Or is this more likely a turn signal relay issue as the issue is the same for turning and hazards?
All other electrics work as advertised.

BTW anyone thinking of LED headlights... do it.

If the lights are all on but not flashing, that would point more to an actual failure of the flasher - typically a ground issue would mean not all bulbs are on, which doesn't make enough resistance to trigger the flasher switch.

If they're all LED, then I'd assume it's a solid-state flasher, which isn't load based anymore...so that would really seem to point to the flasher going wonky.

That's only for the old thermo-resistance based flashers - if he's got LEDs, I'd assume the flasher has been swapped. The newer replacement solid state ones "flash" even with zero load (which is why they're used for LEDs).

If this statement is the way it reads (ie, ALL), it's pretty unlikely that he's still got the original old thermo-resistive flasher. If the OEM flasher was kept and resistors were added in-circuit to replace the filament load, that's another story...but somewhat a atypical install when cheap SS flashers are available.

OP would need to confirm - troubleshooting LED+Solid State is a different game than troubleshooting filaments and the old themo-flasher:

Of note I have had all LED lights for years now with no issues prior to today.

I ordered a new flasher as id rather spend $12 than 2 hours digging around my electrics...o figured if it didnt fix it it is a 30 seconds fix and cheap. The relay hasn't arrived but now everything works again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom