New OME Lift now slight vibration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently installed a 2.5" OME lift on my 96 Cruiser. Now between 10-15mph there is a slight vibration that feels like is in the front end. It could be the tires as the front two are ready for the trash and im about to pull the trigger on some new ones but I just wanted to see if there was anything else I need to check.

Front driveshaft can be finicky. Pull it out and drive it to see if the vibration goes away.

Try greasing your u-joints and drive shaft, it could just be they're in a new angle and growly. Also check to see if your drive shaft is rubbing the sway bar. And last free check would be to see if your front bearings are ok.

Just a quick update... I greased all of the u-joints and yokes... I didn't notice any difference and the vibration continued. I just installed new tires and I have noticed that the vibration seemed to get a little less noticeable but it is still there. If I pull the front driveshaft, should I go ahead and replace the u-joints? If I do, what manufacture what you recommend?? OEM.....Spicer...OTHER????

If you pull the front D/S and the vibes go away then changing the the U- Joints is probably a good thing. Check them first for play of course but often UJ's will wobble a bit if the are moved from the plane they operated in for years. Did you add a y caster correction with the lift?

If you pull the front D/S and the vibes go away then changing the the U- Joints is probably a good thing. Check them first for play of course but often UJ's will wobble a bit if the are moved from the plane they operated in for years. Did you add a y caster correction with the lift?
Yes. I installed the slee plates

@landonridge measure from the centre of the hub to the bottom of the fender flare and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom