New/Old LX470 - purchase example (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okeydoke - after dillydallying too long, I found myself up against a hard timeline and had to get something in a weekend. Found this 1999 LX470 - seemed decent at 204k miles, ok price at 5k, so had to snag it up on a Sunday and hope it wasn't a total lemon. Was right after a snowstorm so I really couldn't see what was going on underneath.. Anyway - just got it back from a once-over at a shop, and apart from a few drips, honestly its not to bad. About 20k away from the next timing belt, was told the oil pan needs resealed, and seeing some small small drips from the PS hoses, and possibly rack. But the engine/suspension/exhaust/tranny seem pretty good. I was lucky in that nothing needed immediate attention, so I can use the extra cash I had left for some aesthetic improvements, and then plan ahead for the other stuff.. Frankly I'm not a huge fan of white, and it looks a little, well, knock-need and weak. So need to do's are:
1) Tires ok, but first thing I either find a used set of 18's with tires on craigslist, or just get some 285/75-16's to fill out the fenders and black out the rims, and
2) flush the AHC system.
3) On the inside, the front seat bottoms aren't great, so I just ordered some 20$ covers for them from amazon. Also need to get some new floormats.
4) It has the Nakimichi stereo, so either get an adaptor to listen to my phone, or a new head unit (reading on that seems like a lot of trouble). The antenna is busted off, I can hear the motor running to move it, but radio reception is fine without it.
5) I think I must have some stuck things in the climate system. I never get air/heat from the 2 outer front vents, and when running heat through the foot ones, sometimes its like I get a draft or something.
6) The telescoping part of the wheel doesn't work, tilt does though.
7) Ditch the running boards if I can convince the fam to jump a bit higher :)

Anyway - looking forward to making this mine, and hopefully get out on some trails here around Denver this summer!

skiller

IMG_20200116_132845.jpg

Looks like a good pick up for 5k! And if your interested i may have 4 lx470 wheels plastidipped with 285/75r16 fairly new Duratracs to get rid of here soon!

welcome to the club

#5 might be ez fixes, there is a tray cover the steering column. There is a AC duct that crosses it, make sure it's in places and lined up properly. Passenger side I think it's behind the glove box which is like 10seconds to remove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom