New NW Arkansas Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

adventr

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys! I just recently purchased a 91 FJ80. I live around the Bentonville Arkansas area, and I go over to Disney a lot to play on the rocks.

I will post up some pics soon!

Thanks!

-Tim

I'm over at Disney on a regular basis, hollar if you want some company.

Awesome, i thought the rocks in your avatar looked familiar.

I went over there this past saturday and did some hill climbs. pretty challenging without lockers... lol

I'll send you a PM whenever we decide to go over there again.

-Tim

Awesome, i thought the rocks in your avatar looked familiar.

I went over there this past saturday and did some hill climbs. pretty challenging without lockers... lol

I'll send you a PM whenever we decide to go over there again.

-Tim

Some of the hill climbs are pretty challengine WITH lockers.

What's you're set-up so far?

Post up your rig in the sig line so we know what to look for. There are quite a few GCC members in the bentonville area

If you post up on here or the Yahoo group before you go, some of the GCC guys might be able to meet you up there.

GCC is having its membership drive if you are interested. Read the other posts for details about it. We are always looking for members.

Yeah, i can imagine. I think we went up the longest and steepest hill there.

My setup so far is stock everything, except for wheels and tires. I'm running 33x12.50 thornbirds on 15x10" wheels.

I've got a possible source on some factory locked axles that i'm trying to get, so hopefully that will work out and i will be locked up.

I'm also going to get the ARB winch bumper and some sliders soon.

My plans on lifting are to get the 3" kit from man-a-fre. I called and talked to a guy there, and he said it comes with everything I need, but he recommends some adjustable panhards. Its pretty much J springs, L shocks, and drop brackets for the front control arms.

Pretty much your setup.. lol

Do those 35's rub on your rig at all? I did some minor trimming of the inside of my flares, and the 33's don't rub now, but they did at first.

Well, they also measure out to 14+" wide, even though they are called a 12.50".

02.jpg

01.jpg

There are a couple camera phone pics.

The 80 is in pretty decent shape, except for the front bumper is gone, and there is a little front end damage. Nothing is bent out of place though, the frame rails are untouched.

I'm thinking that the ARB front bumper will cover up a lot of it.

I only paid $500 for the whole rig, so i guess a little front end damage isnt too bad.

-Tim

And just for fun, here is a picture of my buddies Scout truggy that we take over to disney sometimes, and my s10 pickup:

Photo_030807_002.jpg

Photo_030807_004.jpg

-Tim

My plans on lifting are to get the 3" kit from man-a-fre. I called and talked to a guy there, and he said it comes with everything I need, but he recommends some adjustable panhards. Its pretty much J springs, L shocks, and drop brackets for the front control arms.

Pretty much your setup.. lol

Well you're welcome to drive it and see if you like it, though my shocks are worn. I like the set-up.

I don't really rub bad, a little on the inner fender in the rear but I'm running .625" less bumpstop spacer than most 80's to get a little more travel.

I'm definately looking forward to a chance to wheel with another fairly local 80.

When you start thinking about sliders, have I got a design for you!

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=111416

Wow, that looks like a lot of time in those sliders!

How well do they hold up when bashed against rocks or trees?

Also, when were you planning on going to disney next? I think a few people from around here are going on the weekend of the 21st. If you'd like to go then, I can definitely get a pretty good group of people together by then.

Just let me know when you want to go. I'm interested in seeing how those factory lockers perform!

-Tim

Wow, that looks like a lot of time in those sliders!

How well do they hold up when bashed against rocks or trees?

Also, when were you planning on going to disney next? I think a few people from around here are going on the weekend of the 21st. If you'd like to go then, I can definitely get a pretty good group of people together by then.

Just let me know when you want to go. I'm interested in seeing how those factory lockers perform!

-Tim

Most of the time was in the thinking and figguring. The second slider literally took half the time of the first.

They've held up well. It's all 3/16 and 1/4" steel, with all grade 8 hardware.

Last night I got permission to go this Sunday w/o the kido. Mother in law is going to be in town for a week starting tomorrow, so I'll need some time away, if you know what I mean.

This sunday is supposed to be much nicer than it was today... lol, it rained just about the whole day here.

I will find out if im able to go this sunday, and I will let you know by tomorrow.

I think i may be able to get some guys together, but i'm not sure just yet.

-Tim

697-5572 my cell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom