New Nimrod Buyer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
YEE-HAW I love it when a plan works out. Got the she devil positioned so I can get past the fish hooks in her wallet and buy me a 100. Used to pit for some boys in SCORE and have off roaded in various rigs since the 70's. Mostly tool around here in Idaho in 4x4 Epedition (kid hauler). Spent lottsa time here checking out differences in LC models. Been looking at 93-97 Cruisers and the little woman blew me away today when she said WTH might as well buy the V-8. It was like steak and nobber day was here again. Problem is I know as much about 98 onwards LC's as I do about finding ways to make my in-laws happy. I would appreciate advice as to what to look for and what to look out for. Humbly, the Portagee. :cool:

Love my '99. Use it for on road/off-road/hunting/fishing/camping. I would do it again...just not get one from the East Coast and/or Rust Belt...that was the lesson I learned!!!

Clean, rust free vehicles found in CA, NV, and AZ.

98-99 rear locker optional on Land Cruiser. Limited slip on LX470

99 optional rear AC

00+ traction control (actually works) and standard rear AC

At some point there is a 5 spd auto, navigation/dvd, etc.

33" tires fit on stock suspension but seems like most of us are finding our stock suspension tired and looking to upgrade.

Just a few highlights;) Welcome to the board and don't be afraid to search this forum as most of these topics have been covered already. Hours of good reading here.

Welcome!

I switched from a 97 to a 98 and haven't looked back since. Though a 97 does better for serious off-roading, the 98 does EVERYTHING else better.

calamaridog said:
Clean, rust free vehicles found in CA, NV, and AZ.

At some point there is a 5 spd auto, navigation/dvd, etc.

2003 was the first 5spd auto...

I'll second the notion of avoiding vehicles from the NE. Mine had lots of rusty and corroded bolts and engine parts. Texas usually has good vehicles I've found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom