New moisture barriers and replacement inner trims on base model doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally started to do this now I've replaced the two rear doors. I've had a set of aluminium checkerplate trims for a while and have a roll of orange builders plastic.

So I made new moisture barriers and fitted the new trims to the two replacement rear doors which are base model DX manual window style. The doors they replaced were also manual window but they'd been retrofitted with GX trims. Odd.

Anyway here are pics of the moisture barrier, and fitting the trim, to the RHR door.

Nearly complete install of new aluminium checkerplate trim to landcruiser 80 RHR manual window door - https://www.flickr.com/photos/bondagoo/52304958275/

I have used blue cloth tape for holding the plastic as I don't have any goop to use yet. And with the trim I've only half-fitted the supplied plastic clips as I don't like using plastic clips and intend to try nutserts and suitable rounded or flat head bolts.

The doors still need to be fully pulled apart to have all rubbers, etc. renewed and the skins given a repaint. The door in the pic is a silver (Toyota paint code 181?) and the equivalent LHR door I fitted is white (Toyota paint code 045).

I have the same trims for the front doors once I'm ready to do those.

The checkerplate trims are from a place making them here in Australia that was (or might still be) selling them via Ebay etc.

Last edited:
I commend the ingenuity. I bet that will be extremely durable once finished

I will probably replace the tape with some proper goop but the thick plastic is really good. As I don't have any electrics into any of the doors it makes the job quite simple. I'm impressed with the quality of the metal trims as everything lines up spot on.

Can anyone confirm what the correct part number is for front door inner weatherstrips on doors *without* the full GX/GXL trims? Toyodiy seems a bit conflicted and gives 68170-60030 and 68170-60040 but checking those numbers on some parts supplier sites is not conclusive as to which is the manual window DX 80's and which is for power window GX/GXL 80's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom