New Moab law - pack out your waste (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads

To reduce damage to natural and cultural resources and to provide for public safety, the following ORDINANCE 604 (2019) has been passed. You Must Comply!

No person shall dump or otherwise deposit human waste, or wastewater contaminated by fecal matter, on Public Lands except in a Sewage Facility. All persons are required to carry out solid human body waste and must possess and utilize a Sewage Facility that allows for the disposal of solid human waste through an authorized refuse container or sewage systems.

No compliance will result in a violation of Title 17 and guilty of a Class B misdemeanor punishable by a maximum sentence of up to six months in jail and a maximum fine of $1,000.

Here is the link to the Grand County, Utah Ordinance 604 (2019)

file.jpeg
562297_6196e8034c0149c6be23115ea9deea9d~mv2.webp

Outdoor Enthusiasts with Pets

Grand County Title 6 Animals

6.16.030 Animal waste. The owner of every animal shall be responsible for the removal of any excreta deposited by his or her animal or animals on public walks, recreation areas, or private property. (Ord. 129 Art. IX, 1977)

Except as otherwise specifically provided in this title, any person who shall violate any provision of this title shall be deemed guilty of a Class B misdemeanor and shall be punished by a term of incarceration in the county jail not to exceed six months and fined in the sum not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) or by both such term of incarceration and fine. (Ord. 329 § 4 (part), 2000; Ord. 129 Art. XII, 1977)

Here is the link to the Grand County Ordinance Title 6

file.jpg
a27d24_77d48f2905b141a683609fd257a762e9~mv2.webp

Last edited:
Damn. So avoid Grant County.

Easier than I thought.

grant county.jpg

Were people just s***ting on the rocks and leaving it there, or what? Nowhere to dig a hole?

Damn. So avoid Grant County.

I can't avoid Grand county, unfortunately, as I camp there a lot. I can't be THAT far from Moab diner, you know that! :hillbilly: Speaking of which, Jon, I think we need a quick Moab weekend as I'm going stir crazy. Butler wash?

Last edited:
I can't avoid Grand county, unfortunately, as I camp there a lot. I can't be THAT far from Moab diner, you know that! :hillbilly: Speaking of which, Jon, I think we need a quick Moab weekend as I'm going stir crazy. Butler wash?
I hear ya on the stir crazy. Butler Wash as in Ceder Mesa? I've got my tailgate bandaged together, so I'm good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom