New Member (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
I have been posting on the 100 forum since I picked up my truck last Thursday up in Pickens, but I live in North Charleston. Here are a few pictures
IMG_4843.jpg
IMG_4848.jpg

Welcome Robert....I work in North Charleston for Honeywell where you can see my rig parked during the day in the Honeywell building by Radisson.

We are in our fledgling growth as a club but getting there surely but slowly. I am sure you have already been told to remove the running boards on the 100 Series board. LOL

We will be having a little get together in June at LexTech Automotive on James Island...so stay tuned for that but if you want to grab lunch one day or just swing by and talk 5 minutes just let me know.

I look forward to meeting you and checking out your 01.....I think BBQBoy has an 01 too that he just got a couple months ago.

Welcome again...

Awesome, I'm over at Reeds Jewelers in Northwoods mall.... Yes Mall Cruiser jokes appropriate. We should for sure grab a beer/lunch or chat sometime. I'll have to swing by and see it sometime

Welcome to the club. Seems to becoming a 100 club only. I guess we are the cool crowd.

The other night I was at liberty on MT. P and saw 2 nice 60s with a GX next to them and the LX but guess they didn't come together, my buddy is thinking of selling his jeep and build up a GX. Now I need to find some tires

That message didn't make much sense, basically I need another set of tires. Thinking about doing the 18" thunder steel wheels. Also trying to help my friend find a GX, he wants to build it up to use off road so he will probably want to meet all y'all at some point.

Totally just stalked your truck Brock, this weekend is his wedding so I'll be pretty busy, yeah I'll have to change his mind. He is coming for a nicely built jeep though. What rear bumper is that?
image-3719861183.jpg

The bumpers are both made by Bump It Offroad...the winch is a 12k LB Titan Winch...the sliders are from White Knuckle Offroad...the beer bottle opener on front left bumper is also Bump It Offroad. :)

Dang stalking my Lexus...at least you did not hump it in parking lot.

You know a week ago I might have! and the misses did drive the LC so I was very tempted. Yeah I promised her also that i wouldn't do any mods to the LC until march, but i'm going to also try to atleast do another set of tires, maybe so K2s on the 18 steel tundra wheels or some Coopers... but that is still a few weeks away we have our wedding June 25th. And my buddy is hopefully bringing me a winch back that was on one of his trucks in Afghanistan. So that should be a real serious winch.

I have run Nitto Terra Grapplers, BFG KM2, and Nittor Trail Grapplers...and think you will be happy with the KM2 though they are not siped for wet weather traction. I had tall skinnies on my FJ60 and never had problem but a wider one might not be as forgiving. I have enjoyed the Trail Grapplers but the Coopers are good tires too I have heard.

First mods I would do is tires, remove running boards and install some rock sliders. With those two modes you can still drive every day...but then also go offroad without breaking expensivie stuff. Bumpers can come as they get banged up if trying to hold out on spending money.

That is what I did...tires for height and traction...sliders to protect the vehicle rocker panels...and wheeled her since last June like that. Just did bumpers this past winter and spring.

There is an introduction thread above...but then also be sure to start a build thread that you can keep running as long as you own vehicle to show modifications you make and such....most only use it to show upgrades...tires, lifts, bumpers, electronics, lights, etc.....plus the comments and responses...but keeping it to the details of your rig. Then can link it to your signature like I have with mine for others to read or review.

Good information in those threads that everyone does...along with those in Technical Forum for 100s.

Yeah as I do things and take more pictures I will, I want to repack my bearings and torque my that's some to even my truck out. Thats my next step but I left my jack stands in Columbia at my rents place... Oops so may be alittle bit till I get the chance to do it

Using the iPhone to type on this forum is more difficult than one would think, I've noticed many of my post are very illiterate and make no sense. But yeah using your jack stands at some point would be awesome.

download the app for your phone....see my thread above. makes it easier than going to website to do it.

just let me know when you want them...I have a floor jack too. Not big enough to lift whole truck but you can lift half of it to put on jack stands.

Works like a charm, any recommendations on a CB radio?

Not the best but I liked the Cobra 75WST which is the one with everything in handset and you put the receiver/transmitter under console or other out of way place and only the connector for mic is visible. Then got a firestick with quick connect and mounting hardware so I could remove antennae easily when not in use. Did it on my FJC an dloved it...so will likely do same setup on LX.

Get a Galaxy CB radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom