New member (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all! Hope it’s ok to post this here. Somewhat new to land cruisers. Always had Toyota’s. I have recently purchased an 80. The truck it’s self is a 91 and the motor is a 1hdt swap from overseas. From what I’ve learned so far it also has axles from 93+. The swap was done by bill (not positive last name) from georgia. He has been on mud for many years and has done everything he can to help me so far. Tackling some regular maintenance then looking forward to enjoying it. Hoping this can be a helpful place in the future for identifying parts as it is a swap that was done years ago. Thanks!

F2099EB2-5878-40F8-867F-6B1DA48183FB.jpeg

Welcome to MUD !!
Good score on the truck. Looks clean, good motor and axles with the bigger brakes. Looks like you’re setup well. Look forward to more pics and hearing what your plans are.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your cruiser purchase! Welcome to the club. Post more pictures, looks beautiful!

Good looking rig. Are you close to the Daniel Boon Nat. Forest area?

I had to look that up, gotta admit I'm a touch jealous. Damn! that's pretty country.

Well I tried posting in the diesel section with no reply. Here’s my issue. You all seem friendly and knowledgeable. Thanks!

I may be out of luck but worth a shot asking. I am having issues when refueling the truck. It will pump just a bit and cut off, let off handle, try again and do the same. I see one spot on the filler tube that looks almost smashed up a bit by a bracket. Could this be my issue. I have yet to try to fill since finding this as truck is down for steering gear box work right now. Does anyone know if diesel tubes are larger than gasoline? If I remove the hanger/bracket will that be an issue? The frame is directly under an inch or so... thanks!

I do not have pics right now but can take some later today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom