New Member with a 95 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,

New member here with a 1995 Land Cruiser. No lockers, peeling paint, a lift (unsure which and what size), headers and borla exhaust. Currently sitting on 15 yr old 285/75R16's. Getting those swapped out this weekend so we have something safe to drive on.

Picked it up from a co-worker, was sitting in their driveway for the last 7 years.

Going to replace the gas tank and fuel pump assembly and filter to get her running.
Valve cover is leaking
cooling system flush
oil change
front axle rebuild
shocks (option: OME/Bilstein/dobinsons/Fox)
Caster correction
Alignment
and additional general maintenance

A few pictures:
20200924-170533.jpg

20200928-101238.jpg

20200928-101012.jpg

2020-09-29-18-18-21.jpg

2020-09-29-18-22-58.jpg

So far I have found a lot of good info in here!

Looks like a fun project. Truck looks pretty clean. Good luck and welcome :flipoff2:

Damn, it looks exactly like my bae when I found her. I did pretty much everything on your list but I added 3 brake lines, new calipers and rotors, vac hoses, radiator hoses, hose clamps, hcv, fuel filter, phh, knuckle rebuild, new stereo, speakers and more. She still looks like s*** but she's my daily now. Haha - Good luck

Good lucking truck. Congrats.

Progress!!! Replaced the tank and fuel pump assembly. She starts and runs but hesitates and dies. Found the intake tube is cracked in a few places hopefully that is the issue. Wrapped it up for now till I have a replacement to see if that helps/solves the issue, not working 100%. If I rev it up to 4k and balance it after initial start I can get it to stay running after a couple tries. (a couple miles going around the block a few times)

Removed the seats for a good carpet cleaning

In Reverse both R and 2 are lit up, running or not. Yes D does light up!!

Clicking on harder turns - birfield joint.

Installed the center locking switch. Pressing it makes noise but no indication on the dash. PWR and 2nd Start also do not light up.

Should 4 low light up on the dash or no?

Entire interior is brown. Was this an option or were the 3 rows of leather seats all redone? Manual Brown leather.

Progress!!! Replaced the tank and fuel pump assembly. She starts and runs but hesitates and dies. Found the intake tube is cracked in a few places hopefully that is the issue. Wrapped it up for now till I have a replacement to see if that helps/solves the issue, not working 100%. If I rev it up to 4k and balance it after initial start I can get it to stay running after a couple tries. (a couple miles going around the block a few times)

Should 4 low light up on the dash or no?
You should get the center diff lock light on the dash in low.

Wondering if the bulb(s) are bad? I hear it activating when pressed. Could be issue with 2nd and PWR also.

Wondering if the bulb(s) are bad? I hear it activating when pressed. Could be issue with 2nd and PWR also.
You should also see it when you turn the key to on without starting it.

Welcome to MUD !! Guessing you got a good deal on it and you know where it’s been. Baseline line it and go. Good buy !!

You should also see it when you turn the key to on without starting it.

Def. not seeing a few things. Will start searching the cluster removal and bulb replacement to see if that is the issue. Thanks for the info!

Welcome to MUD !! Guessing you got a good deal on it and you know where it’s been. Baseline line it and go. Good buy !!
Good deal I feel!! I know nothing of where it has been other than in a driveway for 7 years!

pretty low milage for a 95...mine has almost 290,000 on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom