New Member-SE coast (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1. 1983 60 series wagon
2. Lee
3. TBD
4. 244,XXX
5. No modifications, basically stock minus being de-smogged.
6. Occasional around town driving, camping, hauling boat to ramp instead of using 4runner.
7. pic from day of travel to home--will figure out how to load more

A little about myself and LC. I was 10 when it rolled of the assembly line. I enjoy pretty much anything that deals with being outdoors. Turned many wrenches with my dad growing up so hopefully I retained what I learned because it will be tested with the on going repairs and preventative maintenance this LC will require. LC has spent its life in Georgia and my neighbor growing up was the original owner. 2nd owner ??, I understand he was some sort of agricultural inspector for GA, 3rd owner is a good friend of the family. He used it on his farm. So, now being the lucky 4th owner, I am the one with the task to bring it back. LC has the common leaks and a few, but not major, rusted body areas in need of attention. Understructure/chassis is solid with the common surface rust. Maybe the GA red clay kept it decent?? What I have done so far. All fluids have been changed, new water pump, new fan clutch, new spark plugs, new shocks, overall it is in pretty decent shape mechanically, but definitely was not cosmetically cared for. I just call it character for now. Not real sure how far i will go with it, but my main concerns at the moment are safety and reliability. New leaf springs will be the next big task. Latest PO turned me on to this site and man I am glad he did. I have been reading daily and it amazes me of the detailed knowledge provided and the expertise some of you guys/gals have. oh yeah, yes it has a WEBER and I know. But I've got it pretty dialed in and climbs what little hills we have at the coast strong. Looking forward to learning and providing when I can.

IMG_2818.jpg

Last edited:
adding a few more pics--is the oil gallery plug the original? Thanks--will be top priority if so. found some great post on the process and some with unfortunate news of the outcome when plug let loose. speaking of loose, my wife says i should name the LC Lucy since it has so many rattles and sounds while driving

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom