New Member Scammer Responding to My IH8MUD Post (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently posted a WANTED for a set of (4) Rock Warrior wheels. I was contacted via "Start a Conversation" on the Forum by a person with the id on "jaz135" claiming to have a set of the same and wanted to be contacted via the private email: plb27168@gmail.com as shown in @Windknotz post on another thread. I asked for pictures of the wheels. The plb27168@gmail.com email address had a handle of "Plb 271" for their email. I received pictures and the person said they are out of North Carolina. I gave this person my phone number and asked them to call me. The person called from phone number 919-614-3861 and in the conversation they asked that I send the money via "ZELLE. - Km783036@gmail.com" with a name of Karla Mondragon. I asked for the person to send pictures of the wheels inside the rim to view the id of each wheel, they said they could not because they have already boxed them up.

I have broken off the communication with this individual as a possible scammer for the following reason:
-I've never heard of Zelle, but during a google search there is a big warning that states do not send money unless you know the individual as it is instantaneous and unable to reverse, Possible Scammers
-The person refused to provide pictures of the id on inside of each wheel
-I could not find "jaz135" as member or any post by that handle
-This led me to research the scammer thread and found the same email and phone number (919-614-3861) as listed in @Windknotz post/thread

I don't know for certain this person is a scammer, but the information provided matches of other reported scam posts.

It's crazy that these people exists. Stay vigilant and don't suffer in silence, call these people out of the shadows

Stay Healthy My Friends

If you haven't already, use the "report" button in their post in the conversation to report them to the mods as a scammer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom