New member post (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What’s up everyone,

Just joined, coming from tacomaworld (although rarely posted on there). I just picked up my first 100 series a couple weeks ago, or any series for that matter. 2006 LX470 W/165k miles, as close to no rust as possible these days from what I have seen, so that’s awesome. Glad to join the ih8mud club finally haha.

Regards,
Marcus

Welcome, but you know the drill............PICS !

Welcome, but you know the drill............PICS !
Apologies haha been one of those weeks.

845E37B8-BE28-4162-898C-4B8ED44C78C3.png

A5D01913-9911-474E-8A2A-36D6C3E55D4F.png

Welcome! How's it compare to the taco?
Well it’s light years more refined, the wind noise in a 2020 taco was completely unacceptable as were the amount of rattles in a 2 year old 45k dollar truck. I should have just went the 100 series route a long time ago. Plus who doesn’t love an early 2000s Toyota V8? Haha

Well it’s light years more refined, the wind noise in a 2020 taco was completely unacceptable as were the amount of rattles in a 2 year old 45k dollar truck. I should have just went the 100 series route a long time ago. Plus who doesn’t love an early 2000s Toyota V8? Haha
Agreed. I drove a 2021 TRD Tacoma for almost a year at work. I can honestly say that my '01 LC surpassed it in almost every way. I think the only place it didn't was in the tech department. Apple Car Play was nice, even if a bit glitchy. The Taco got about 3-4 mpg better on average as well. It's hard to compare smiles per gallon to miles per gallon though!

Agreed. I drove a 2021 TRD Tacoma for almost a year at work. I can honestly say that my '01 LC surpassed it in almost every way. I think the only place it didn't was in the tech department. Apple Car Play was nice, even if a bit glitchy. The Taco got about 3-4 mpg better on average as well. It's hard to compare smiles per gallon to miles per gallon though!
My taco had the full stage 5 fox racing goodness from Accutune Offroad, and 35/1250r17s, i do not know this gas mileage you speak of haha the 100 has been an upgrade in mileage in this rare case

great color. Welcome

Looks like a nice truck, Enjoy !!

Cypress Pearl is THE best color the Japs ever sprayed.

Cypress Pearl is THE best color the Japs ever sprayed.
When i visited the dealer i got it from, it was between this one, and one in classic silver metallic with the night vision option. Im reassured of my choices everyday when i walk outside haha

Yep. I had a '06 Cypress pearl and sold it to a guy in VA, ironically. The only reason we did that is because I handed down my daily driver '96 LX450 to my son. Now my wife and I needed to replace ours so we immediately bought a Classic Silver '06 and a '99 Land Cruiser for exactly what I sold the Cypress Pearl for. But the Cypress Pearl will always be our favorite.

It's the herd bull.

thumbnail (4).jpe

Yep. I had a '06 Cypress pearl and sold it to a guy in VA, ironically. The only reason we did that is because I handed down my daily driver '96 LX450 to my son. Now my wife and I needed to replace ours so we immediately bought a Classic Silver '06 and a '99 Land Cruiser for exactly what I sold the Cypress Pearl for. But the Cypress Pearl will always be our favorite.

It's the herd bull.

View attachment 3238308
that is an awesome picture haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom