New Member Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all! I've gone about this the wrong way I asked a question without introducing myself and my FJ40. First truck I owned parents got it for me when I was a freshman in highschool. Served me well for those four years, parked the truck and didnt touch it for 11 years. Around 5 years ago a friend and I got her back running with very little trouble, things came up and she sat in a barn for a couple more years. Sent her off to be painted and rhino lined around 1 1/2 years ago, she is back and now the fun begins, through trail and error and significant help from this site she is running rough but running none the less. Bone stock '74 only thing changed is a the gas tank, went with poly, bought it before I found this site. I am very limited in mechanical skills so look for alot of questios!
Here are the pics!View attachment 437043

View attachment 437044

View attachment 437045

Last edited:
Looks like you have a real good base to start on...That baby's crying for some stock steelies, and caps!

Welcome to Mud! :flipoff2:

You won't find a better place for information.

Have the original jumpseats, front seats have been recovered in black cordura fabric, original jack, tool pouch, and rubber mat. I have one stock steelie on the spare it is black no hud caps I am in the market though if anybody has some sources.

As mentioned above, stock steelies would make look terrific. Where are the windshield wipers? Great looking truck!

wipers are in the truck, as are the turn signals and decals. The painter broke one of the turn signals when removing have to find another.

Great looking truck, I love that color. Good luck with your endeavors!

oh, and welcome :cheers: ************

I'd recommend you to take off the Rhino liner, it can cause major rust problems ahead. Beautiful specimen there!

Keep it as stock as possible. 1974 engine is to most the best ever made. Low gas consumpton with longevity. After not running for a long time though, try not to abuse it much for a little while, change oil faster than you normally would. Master Brake Cylinder and Clutch cylinders also go out. Check all lines, sitting fluids and gas break down quite fast and do away with lines quick. Other than that, take care of obvious rust spots, rear sill, rocker panels, rear quarter panels.

Your really have an awesome car.

Yeah that thing is beautiful, love the color. Stock wheels would look great on there.

Welcome, let me start with the official hi sign :flipoff2: Nice rig, I do like the color, and it would look great with stock steelies.:cheers:

That look great, it does deserve different rims. From your history I hope you don't throw a tarp over it for a few decades. Take it out and enjoy having it. Thanks for the pix.

great rig...an before someone chime in,flip the bezel...when you buy it..90 % that you will mounted upside down jajjajaajajajajaja :flipoff2:

great rig...an before someone chime in,flip the bezel...when you buy it..90 % that you will mounted upside down jajjajaajajajajaja :flipoff2:

ha ha, what bezel?:doh:

i have the bezel the painter did not send back the screws and spacers. If I put it on fat part at top it covers my hood release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom